Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Decreased Battery life with 12.5.0 upgrade?

I have luckily never had a battery issue with any of the numerous Roku remotes I have, but I never use headphones or voice.  There's plenty of Roku remote apps out there (some of which cost money), but just so you know, the official Roku app is free.

Roku Mobile App - Free for iOS® or Android™ | Roku

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Bismarck318
Roku Guru

@renojim I don't have a phone, but (I'm using a fire tablet with the Roku app), but hypothetically, is it possible to use a non-activated burner android phone & your home WiFi?

On both of the items I have had with the WiFi Remotes the battery life issues had come & gone & reappeared, I'm assuming something with the software upgrades. 

0 Kudos
Bismarck318
Roku Guru

@Strega2 I never use the voice either (not sure if there is a headphone jack, but I never use it.  I imagine that would be a drain on the battery. 

I have been up to 12.5.5 now for a month or so, I've been through at least one set of batteries. 

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@Bismarck318, it should be.  As long as the phone can connect to your network and you have the app on it, it should work.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos