Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect remote to different Roku

Jump to solution

Can I use Roku remote thats for my bedroom Roku to operate my living room Roku

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Connect remote to different Roku

Jump to solution

It depends on the models of the Roku devices and the type of remote.  If it's a "simple" remote with no microphone button or pairing button, it will work with any Roku player that's not a stick.  Sticks plug directly into a TV without the need for an HDMI cable and only work with "voice" remotes.  Voice remotes work with any Roku player or Roku TV manufactured within the last several years and most Roku devices ever manufactured, but must be paired to the Roku device and can only be paired to one device at at time.  Roku TV remotes (that aren't voice remotes) only work with Roku TVs and are generally manufacturer specific, although may work with more than one manufacturer's TVs.

Post the model numbers of your Roku devices as displayed under Settings->System->About and what kind of remote you have if you need more help.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Connect remote to different Roku

Jump to solution

It depends on the models of the Roku devices and the type of remote.  If it's a "simple" remote with no microphone button or pairing button, it will work with any Roku player that's not a stick.  Sticks plug directly into a TV without the need for an HDMI cable and only work with "voice" remotes.  Voice remotes work with any Roku player or Roku TV manufactured within the last several years and most Roku devices ever manufactured, but must be paired to the Roku device and can only be paired to one device at at time.  Roku TV remotes (that aren't voice remotes) only work with Roku TVs and are generally manufacturer specific, although may work with more than one manufacturer's TVs.

Post the model numbers of your Roku devices as displayed under Settings->System->About and what kind of remote you have if you need more help.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.