Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Greg-Smith
Reel Rookie

Changing behavior of remote left/right buttons

I have a Roku Ultra with voice remote. It is connected to my modem/router via ethernet cable and feeds into a Marantz receiver which feeds a Sony 4K TV. It working except the behavior of the remote changes from time to time. If I have the YouTube app open and want to scroll through the videos in the various categories, I can use the left/right buttons. Except, sometimes if I hold down a button it will scroll through the selections until I release the button. Other times it will only move one selection and I have to release the button and repress it for each video to move across the listed videos. This makes it hard to quickly find a video. This behavior seems to change back and forth approximately every week or so. Maybe with system updates? I can't find any setting that sets this behavior. Is this an issue with the app interpreting the remote commands? The behavior in Disney+ and ESPN is also a bit odd. Sometimes it will scroll, sometimes it won't. Sometimes the scroll is so fast you can't what selection you are on. It's a bit annoying.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Changing behavior of remote left/right buttons

Hi @Greg-Smith,
Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!
We understand that you're having a problem with the behavior of your remote, which changes from time to time. We will be more than happy to look further into this issue, but we will need more details. Do you have a Roku Voice or Voice Pro remote? What troubleshooting steps have you already taken to try to resolve the issue?

We look forward to hearing back from you soon.
All the best,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Greg-Smith
Reel Rookie

I have the Roku Voice remote. I have not tried to troubleshoot this as I have no idea if the issue is with the remote, the Roku Ultra, or the apps, such as YouTube, interpretation of the remote's commands.

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@Greg-Smith,

Thanks for your response!

Is this an isolated case on a specific channel? Or does this remote behavior also occur when navigating the other channel?

If so, we've got some steps that you can try here: How to fix your Roku voice or simple remote that is not working.

Keep us posted!

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos