Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
twilder103

Case to prevent accidental button pressing

I was hoping the remote had an option where I have to double tap a button for it to function. I couldn't find anything like that.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
MrXxx
Roku Guru

Re: Case to prevent accidental button pressing

Let me guess. You watch a lot of TV in bed?🤣😅

Yes, the buttons are very sensitive and will get bumped, especially in bed. Put your remote somewhere it won't get bumped. Pretty simple, but yeah, I had the same complaint when I first got a Roku, but I've learned to adapt and change my habits appropriately. 

onn Roku 43" TV model 100012584 running version 12.0.0
Twenty plus years of online experience as a web developer, general user and consumer. Recording engineer. Sixty plus years of troubleshooting and problem solving in several fields. Here to help and get help when I have issues with Roku. Nothing more. Not here to socialize. That's what real life is for. 😉
0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Case to prevent accidental button pressing

Greetings from the Roku Community, @twilder103!

Thanks for letting us know about the behavior you are seeing with your Roku remote. We appreciate your honest feedback and assure you we will share it with the respective team.

In the meantime, you can install the Roku mobile app. Transform your mobile device into the ultimate streaming companion with The Roku Channel. Watch hundreds of popular movies, TV shows, and more while on the go. You can also use your mobile device as a control center for your Roku streaming player or Roku TV™.

With this feature, you can launch channels, navigate the Roku interface, and even search and issue commands using your voice.

Additionally, you can share your personal photos and videos on your TV, privately listen with your headphones, and enjoy many other features.

We hope this helps!

Happy Streaming!
Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos