Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Luvbug915
Reel Rookie

Re: Can't click on a channel; they scroll quickly around

Jump to solution

Y’all keep saying to restart the devices, I’m restarting 3-4 times a day sometimes. Someone else said “it’s happening to a lot of people all of a sudden” the size of this thread is proof of that. I have two different models, my stick has the most problems. It gets super hot after about two hours watching tv and I can not get the remote to do anything when that happens. My older device has no problems at all with skipping or freezing. I just gave up on the stick and went back to my other device. It’s been three days and no skipping. I firmly believe the issue is with the stick, not the remote.

Jump to solution

I'm having the same problem. I've restarted and that has not solved my issues. 

0 Kudos
Kitty_85

Jump to solution

Thank you so much!! I was going crazy & screaming at my TV (like that was going to help) because suddenly the remote was going crazy and skipping several channels at once. I changes the batteries and nothing changed. I couldn't pick a channel because it scrolled over so quickly. Couldn't even click on "My Library" to watch things I had already recorded. When I was finally able to get to a channel I wanted and wanted to watch show from the beginning, I couldn't even click to hit "restart" because it quickly scrolled over. I've been so mad this past week! I finally thought to look on here to see if anyone else had experienced the same thing. Ta-da! Many of you have. Well, I appreciate this information because I did do the "restart" as you mentioned above, except on my TV because I couldn't figure out getting the remote on my phone 🙄, and instantly it worked after the restart. It's back to normal! Thanks again 🎉

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you're experiencing with your TV. It seems that the channels are scrolling quickly and you're unable to select a specific channel. You've already tried disconnecting and reconnecting the modem and router, as well as changing the batteries in the remote, but the problem persists. Additionally, you're now unable to turn off the TV as it immediately clicks back on. To resolve this issue, I recommend reaching out to your TV's customer support or contacting a technician for assistance. They should be able to provide you with specific troubleshooting steps or schedule a repair if needed.

0 Kudos
obx-robin

Jump to solution

I am not interested in using my telephone as the remote.  I have six Roku devices in my house.  This is obviously a Roku issue from reading these threads.  And all of us started having these issues in the last couple of weeks.  What the heck did y'all do at Roku to screw up everyone's devices?

pdmcmanus30
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I agree that this problem was created by Roku and Roku does need to find out what they did to cause it. Makes me want to tell anyone that asks me about Roku that I would try to find a different streaming product.

T-stick

Jump to solution

Go to settings on your device.  Scroll down to System, then scroll down to restart.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Also started having this issue in last week or so. Bedroom TV so don't use it often but TV remote is skipping ahead of itself. Shall try restarting but sounds like an update issue 🤷‍♀️

rguard

Jump to solution

I've had the same issue for two days.

0 Kudos
rguard

Re: Responding to issues with remote scrolling quickly

Jump to solution

I was having channel selection issues with two different ROKU devices on two different TVs, and the system restart fixed the issue on both devices.  Thank you!

0 Kudos