Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NAntonio77

Can't access side TV settings anymore. (*) Button on Roku remote doesn't work.

Can anyone help? I have a TCL TV that came with its own remote: a TCL Roku, and for some reason my (*) button no longer works. I used to be able to press this button to access my TV's options for brightness, picture mode, etc. Now, it's just not showing me anything. The button itself still lights up and the TV's flashing light at the bottom still responds to it when I press it. But nothing. Anyone else having this issue? Please let me know what to do and how to fix this if you've encountered the same issue recently. 

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
NAntonio77

Re: Can't access side TV settings anymore. (*) Button on Roku remote doesn't work.

Nevermind, I fixed it. I decided I couldn't wait for an answer and just factory reset my remote. It's a pain in the arse, but worth it. My side menu's back! No clue why it disappeared in the first place, though. Seriously, hope this doesn't happen again.

0 Kudos
Parisedu1

Re: Can't access side TV settings anymore. (*) Button on Roku remote doesn't work.

I am having the same issue how did you reset it?

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Parisedu1,

Thank you for posting.

To reset the device, you can refer to this support article here. However, before doing so, we'd like to take a step toward assisting you. May we know what specific Roku remote you currently have and what Roku device it pairs with?

Your response is highly appreciated.

Regards,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
KAP2

The same was happening for me. I don't know if all of the following is necessary. It may be as simple as unplug and plug in your TV, but the following worked for me. 1. Turn off the TV, 2. remove batteries from the remote, 3. Unplug the TV, 4. press and hold the power button on the remote, 5. Plug in the TV, 6. put the batteries back in the remote, and Voila - I can access settings on the remote again. 

Hope this works for you! ~ Cheers! 

0 Kudos