Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nat4217

Can I connect my fire TV remote to my Roku tv for volume and tv functions while using it

Jump to solution

Can I connect my fire TV remote to my Roku for access to basica tv controls (volume/power etc) while using it - it is connected via HDMI1 and gets the most use vs other apps.  Thanks for help in advance.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Can I connect my fire TV remote to my Roku tv for volume and tv functions while using it

Jump to solution

A Fire Tv Stick remote can control the Volume, Mute, and Power of any brand of Roku TV. Just look for such tv brands as TCL, Insignia, and Hisense, there will be Roku TV listed after the brand in the Fire Stick setting menu. 

Same thing for Roku device remotes controlling true Fire Tv with built-in screen, Fire Tv is listed after such tv brands as Amazon, Toshiba, and Insignia in the Roku settings. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Emissary35
Roku Guru

Re: Can I connect my fire TV remote to my Roku tv for volume and tv functions while using it

Jump to solution

You can't pair a Fire TV remote to a Roku. But what you can do is setup a Fire TV remote to control your TV's power, volume and mute function on the Fire TV device. Then when you are on the input connected to your Roku and using your Roku player you can use the Fire TV remote just for the TV function buttons. But the Fire TV remote won't control your Roku, you'll still have to use the Roku remote for everything else.

Though I think it might be possible to control your Fire TV device with a Roku remote with the CEC function enabled on your TV for some models. I don't know that for sure, but I can use my television remote to control my Fire TV Stick if I want if I enable CEC on my Fire TV device.

Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

A Fire Tv Stick remote can control the Volume, Mute, and Power of any brand of Roku TV. Just look for such tv brands as TCL, Insignia, and Hisense, there will be Roku TV listed after the brand in the Fire Stick setting menu. 

Same thing for Roku device remotes controlling true Fire Tv with built-in screen, Fire Tv is listed after such tv brands as Amazon, Toshiba, and Insignia in the Roku settings. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Glamour
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

So... an "expert" would provide the steps for people new to all of this...

And suggesting that someone BUY A DIFFERENT BRAND OF TV is just lazy.

Boooo! 👎🏻

0 Kudos