Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Debdupey
Reel Rookie

Buttons messed up on my Rechargeable Voice Remote Pro

The fast forward button on my Voice Remote Pro doesn’t fast forward, it brings up the Closed Captioning and at the same time rewinds. Is there a way to reset the remote to factory settings? This is a rechargeable remote so nothing will “taking out the batteries “ will work 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Buttons messed up on my Rechargeable Voice Remote Pro

Hello! @Debdupey,

Welcome aboard here in the Roku Community!

Thank you for reaching out to us about your Roku remote. We're pleased to assist.

• What Roku device are you using right now?
  • Is this the first time you set up/activated this Roku TV/device?
  • Have you paired the remote successfully before? If NOT, is this the first time you have experienced this issue?
  • If YES, when did the issue start?
  • How long have you been using this remote?

Please keep us posted on what you find out, and we will be happy to continue assisting you further. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Emissary35
Roku Guru

What a non helpful response from the moderator. The original poster asked if there was a way to factory reset the remote. No answer to that question was given, instead a bunch of questions were asked back in return which are irrelevant. None of the answers to those questions will fix the problem. Jeez Roku we need some real customer support here. Not just moderators copying and pasting the same nonsense from the troubleshooting script. Is that all you guys can do?

0 Kudos
slyc

My right button doesn't respond now.  It goes to the first app and won't move to the right.  I just charged my rechargeable remote yesterday and today it's already down to 23 Percent.  Honestly I think the remotes that used batteries lasted a lot longer.  I read that the chargeable remotes stayed charged for 2 months.  I bought 2 ultra rokus this Christmas and I'm very disappointed in the remotes.  Now my main tv remote won't go nowhere but to the first app and it opens.  Each ultra was almost $100 so I haven't even had for three months and not working already but yet when I had the battery remote it did not use batteries and I had probably for several years no problems.  I regret spending $200 on these new chargeable battery remotes, as far as I'm concerned junk.  Not happy

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @slyc

Thanks for posting, and welcome to the Roku Community.

We understand that you have faced an issue with your Roku Voice Remote Pro and we are sorry for the inconvenience this has caused. We want to assure you that we take your concerns seriously and are committed to resolving this issue. To do so, we kindly request that you provide us with more details regarding the issue you have encountered. This will help us to better understand the cause of the problem and take appropriate actions to address the issue.

• Is the issue happening to both of your Roku remotes?
  • Are the remote buttons unresponsive or hard to press before they respond?
  • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps such as unpairing the remote and re-pairing it?

With more details related to your concern. we'll be able to assist further.

Please keep us posted.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Debdupey
Reel Rookie

Is there a way to reset a Roku Voice Remote Pro back to factory settings? If the answer is yes, what are the steps to accomplish this.

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Debdupey,

Thank you for posting here in the Roku Community!

We value your inquiry and interest in learning more about your Roku remote, and we'll do everything on our end to bring you the information you need. We suggest that you also check out this support article on how to fix your Roku voice or simple remote that is not working for more details if you want to troubleshoot your Roku remote. You can also check out the support article on factory-resetting your Roku streaming device if you want to factory-reset everything. 

We hope this helps, and please let us know if you have further queries.

Kind regards,                                                                                                                                        Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos