Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MamaKat
Reel Rookie

Re: Brand new Roku Remote - right arrow not responding

Troubleshooting has not been successful. We still have right arrow issues. Very difficult to get the right scroll button to work. 

FriendlyGuy
Reel Rookie

I have the same issue.  I have to hold the remote in my left hand and use my right thumb to press either the left or right arrow button so hard I feel like my thumb will crack the remote just to get the cursor to move in either direction.   I wonder if there are any universal remotes that might work.

RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @bubbie @FriendlyGuy 

Thanks for keeping us updated.

We've sent you a PM here in the Roku Community and kindly check your inbox for you to see it.

We'll further discuss the issue you have with your Roku remote.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
Shols
Reel Rookie

I have the same issue.  I also have to hold the remote and press the my thumb to press the right arrow button so hard. Now my thumb is beginning to hurt badly

chrislyn1

I'm sorry to learn that the right arrow on your brand new Roku Remote is not responding. Similar to the meticulous troubleshooting required for technology, obtaining a Golden Visa in Dubai demands careful attention to detail. To troubleshoot the remote issue, start by checking the batteries, ensuring they are properly inserted, and have sufficient power. Attempt to re-pair the remote, unplug the Roku device, wait for a few seconds, and then plug it back in before re-establishing the connection. Just as with a Golden Visa application, meticulous attention to each step is crucial. Inspect the remote for any dirt or debris around the buttons, ensuring clarity, much like the precise documentation required for a Golden Visa. If the problem persists, consider contacting Roku support for further assistance, just as applicants for a Golden Visa may seek guidance from relevant authorities for a seamless process. I hope these suggestions help resolve the remote issue promptly and reflect the thoroughness required in various processes, including obtaining a Golden Visa in Dubai.

chrislyn1

I'm sorry to learn that the right arrow on your brand new Roku Remote is not responding. To troubleshoot this issue, start by checking the batteries to ensure they are properly inserted and have sufficient power. Attempt to re-pair the remote by unplugging the Roku device, waiting for a few seconds, and then plugging it back in before re-establishing the connection. Additionally, inspect the remote for any dirt or debris around the buttons and gently clean the affected button. Ensure your Roku device's software is up-to-date, as software updates may address remote connectivity problems. If the problem persists, and your Roku is still under warranty, consider contacting Roku support for further assistance or a possible replacement remote. I hope these suggestions help resolve the issue promptly.

RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Shols,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We're glad to assist you with your problem with your Roku remote. Please check this support article and make sure to follow the troubleshooting steps on how to fix your Roku voice or simple remote that is not working and buttons that stop working. This will help us determine if you are having a remote issue, a hardware issue, or a software issue.

Let us know how it goes, and we'll be glad to further assist you.

Kind regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
smarti2006

My remote is experiencing touch issues with the left and up arrow controls. Did you ever get your issue resolved? Is there a universal remote that doesn’t use Roku’s hardware? I downloaded the iPhone Roku app and use that occasionally. It is a pain!

0 Kudos
Jinxed1001
Reel Rookie

I posted yesterday so I am waiting for a response. Although I assume it is a manufacturing issue/design flaw.

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Community Users,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We'll be glad to assist you with your Roku remote replacement. Kindly send us a private message together with your shipping address, phone number, and type of Roku remote (simple, voice, or voice pro) so we'll be able to proceed with the necessary steps to address this. To message us, select the name of a user. Once redirected to the profile, select the option "Send this user a private message."

We'll be waiting for your message.

Kind regards,
Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos