Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Inpresmoj
Reel Rookie

Brand New Remote sometimes have to press the buttons twice

I've just got my first Roku Device a Streaming stick 4K. Sometimes when i press a button on the remote and it clicks nothing happens on the screen, i have to press it again and i usually press it firmer and it always works on this firmer press.

Im just wondering is this just how current roku remotes are, and its just something to put up with, or should i try and swap the remote out while im still in the return window.

Apart from that very happy with the Roku stick, fantastic uncluttered interface.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Brand New Remote sometimes have to press the buttons twice

It could be a remote problem, I guess (??).

But the only time I see this here is in the first few seconds when the Roku first shows the home screen after booting up.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
RokuBernie-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Welcome, @Inpresmoj! We're thrilled to have you join us in the Roku Community.

We appreciate you bringing this issue to our attention, and we are grateful to hear that you are enjoying the features of our platform. We assure you we will provide the best resolution to fix the issue about your remote concern. Please check your inbox since we have sent you a private message.

We look forward to your response!

Warm regards,
Bernie

Bernie D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Inpresmoj
Reel Rookie

Software is up to date and i've tried a restart but still have the same issue.  I've noticed it seems to be only the OK button and the back button, so maybe its a physical issue with the actual remote itself?

0 Kudos