Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
clogwearerwayne
Binge Watcher

Re: Basic remote + screen stop working after I push FOUR buttons, FIVE max.

I now have an iPhone, so whatever you were about to recommend for my issue, OK. Since it's been a while, I think it may have involved a flash...

After 3 weeks of going without, I just tried my Roku 3930 again, I got to the "welcome screen", but there was NO light that came on on that thing (player? power adaptor?) that sits at the bottom of my TV set, no matter how many times I pushed the home button. I don't know if I should get just a remote, or a new package altogether.

Finally, on the AppStore, there are several apps for the Roku; which one is the official one?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@clogwearerwayne

Thanks for the follow up.

For more information about how to install the Roku mobile app, visit our Support page here: Install the mobile app

If you are still experiencing an issue with the remote that came with the Roku device, can you please provide the serial number/device ID on your Roku device? I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
clogwearerwayne
Binge Watcher

First, there are more than a few listings for Roku apps in the iPhone store, which leads to my confusion.

Second, I went out and bought a 3960X to replace the dead 3930. Will I need to update or change any information (email, passwords, etc.)?

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

@clogwearerwayne

Thanks for the response. 

We would appreciate it if you could kindly elaborate on the confusion you are experiencing with your Roku mobile application. This will enable us to properly assess the situation and provide assistance.

Additionally, you may activate your new Roku streaming device and associate it with your Roku account. For further information, please refer to our support page at the following link: How to activate or link your Roku streaming device

Keep us posted on how it goes. 

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos
clogwearerwayne
Binge Watcher

Well, I just counted at least SEVEN apps from the iPhone store before I stopped counting. I just don't know which one would go with the basic 3960X player.

Anyway, as I asked in the last post, when I get around to setting up the 3960X on my TV, will I have to come up with new passwords, etc.?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@clogwearerwayne 

Thanks for the follow up.

For more information about how to install the Roku mobile app, visit our Support page here: Install the mobile app

In regards to setting up a new Roku device, you will be able to activate and setup the device with the same current existing Roku account.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos