Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JRis4Jesus
Reel Rookie

After storm remotes do not respond

Jump to solution
We were watching videos on YouTube last night when a storm came up. Our ISP lost all internet access for our geographic area for 12 hours. After that we still had trouble so they tested the lines and told me my router was bad. So I went and bought a new router, now normal internet works.
HOWEVER, the Roku streaming stick (model 3810X) will not come back up. The remote will not respond. I put in all new batteries in the remote, still does not respond. We even tried an old Roku stick (3500 series). We were careful to use HDMI ports that were not being used during the storm. The old stick's remote will not respond either. Both remotes were given fresh new batteries.
We did order a new Roku device, but it won't be here for several days yet. Can anyone help us?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: After storm remotes do not respond

Jump to solution

Hi @JRis4Jesus,

Thanks for the response!

We appreciate the additional information. In this case, we highly suggest unplugging the device and plugging it into a different HDMI port. After doing so, please attempt to pair the remote again using the provided instructions below:

1. Remove the power cable from your streaming device.
  2. Wait at least 5 seconds.
  3. Re-connect the power cable.
  4. Wait for your streaming device to power on and the Home screen to appear on your TV screen.
  5. Within 30 seconds of seeing the Home screen on your TV screen, put your voice remote into pairing mode.

Put your voice remote in pairing mode.

1. Remove the battery cover on the back of your voice remote.
  2. Remove both batteries from the battery compartment.
  3. Wait 5 seconds, and then reinsert the batteries.
  4. If your remote has a pairing button, press and hold the pairing button for 5 seconds or until the status light begins to flash.
  5. If your remote does not have a pairing button, press and hold both the Home and Back buttons for 5 seconds or until the status light flashes.
  6. If the status light does not flash, try replacing the batteries.
  7. Wait 30 seconds while the remote establishes a connection with your streaming device.

Once your streaming device and remote are connected, the pairing dialog will appear on your TV screen.

For further assistance in repairing your remote, please visit our support page on how to fix your Roku voice or simple remote that is not working.

We hope you'll find this information useful. Please let us know if this works for you.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @JRis4Jesus,

A warm welcome to the Roku Community!

We appreciate you letting us know about the issues you've been having, and we're sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused you. Would you mind providing us with more information regarding the issue you are experiencing? What specific Roku model device are you using?

Please be aware that if the details of your wireless network have changed or your device has become disconnected from your network, you will need to go back to setting up your network connection again.

We would recommend taking a look at the troubleshooting steps provided by our Support pages here: 
How do I connect my Roku® streaming device to my home network and the internet?
What should I do if I cannot connect to my home network or the internet?
Tips for improving the wireless connection to your Roku® streaming device

If adjusting your wireless network (changing the wireless broadcast channel, etc.) isn't helping, please keep us posted, and we'll continue assisting you from there.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
JRis4Jesus
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Chel, we were using the Streaming Stick 3810X last night when the weather hit. The older one, we were NOT using when the weather hit, and we tried to use again, was a 3500 series streaming stick.

Neither of the remotes will go past the screen saver, so I am unable to update the network. I just want the remotes to respond, I can update the netork when the remote permits me to

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @JRis4Jesus,

Thanks for the response!

We appreciate the additional information. In this case, we highly suggest unplugging the device and plugging it into a different HDMI port. After doing so, please attempt to pair the remote again using the provided instructions below:

1. Remove the power cable from your streaming device.
  2. Wait at least 5 seconds.
  3. Re-connect the power cable.
  4. Wait for your streaming device to power on and the Home screen to appear on your TV screen.
  5. Within 30 seconds of seeing the Home screen on your TV screen, put your voice remote into pairing mode.

Put your voice remote in pairing mode.

1. Remove the battery cover on the back of your voice remote.
  2. Remove both batteries from the battery compartment.
  3. Wait 5 seconds, and then reinsert the batteries.
  4. If your remote has a pairing button, press and hold the pairing button for 5 seconds or until the status light begins to flash.
  5. If your remote does not have a pairing button, press and hold both the Home and Back buttons for 5 seconds or until the status light flashes.
  6. If the status light does not flash, try replacing the batteries.
  7. Wait 30 seconds while the remote establishes a connection with your streaming device.

Once your streaming device and remote are connected, the pairing dialog will appear on your TV screen.

For further assistance in repairing your remote, please visit our support page on how to fix your Roku voice or simple remote that is not working.

We hope you'll find this information useful. Please let us know if this works for you.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos