Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AC Remote controlling Roku

This is happening to me as well. And I too have a Frigidaire air conditioner. I wonder if they have figured out a fix/Reason here at Roku or at Frigidaire? I guess I will have to research further and see

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: AC Remote controlling Roku

If the two devices use such a similar IR code set, there is nothing that can be fixed. The Roku IR code has been around for about 15 years, Frigidaire's hasn't been.  Switch to Roku Stick which doesn't accept IR remote codes. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Sfinx
Channel Surfer

Re: AC Remote controlling Roku

What worked for my setup (not sure will work for yours) was to enable the Fast TV Start on the Roku TV. Once that was done, the remote of the Frigidaire AC was no longer turning the TV on / off when controlling the AC unit.

To enable ‘Fast TV start’ on your Roku device or TV, go to settings > System > Power> Fast TV Start > Enable ‘Fast TV Start’. However, this might use more power than the default settings.

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Frigidaire AC Remote suddenly controlling Sharp Roku TV

Hi @Michelle321 

Welcome to your first post on the Roku Community!

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. If you don't mind us asking, what Roku device are you using? Additionally, what controls do your AC remote command to your Roku device?

Keep posted.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
AKJoy

Re: Nortek AC Remote suddenly controlling Sharp Roku TV

I have a remote for a Nortek Ductless A/C system Mod GHH12(3.5)LUK4DH, and that turns on my Roku Mod 40R2A5R Television.  Note that the Roku remote does not turn on the A/C system.  These are in a rented BnB property so its important to correct to avoid unhappy customers.  I tried finding solution in settings (FastStart, etc) but no luck.  

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Nortek AC Remote suddenly controlling Sharp Roku TV

If your Roku is using a WiFi Direct remote (does it have a headphone jack, or is it controlling a Roku Stick) then you could put some tape over the IR window of the TV so it doesn't respond to the AC remote. I had the same issue with a Roku remote controlling a Vizio TV. Since I was using the TV as a computer monitor and never turned it off, I simply covered the IR window on the TV so the Roku remote couldn't hit it. 

Of course, if your Roku is using an IR remote, then you need to leave that window uncovered. Your only recourse would be to buy a Roku Voice remote and pair it with the TV, so you can block the IR window (since the voice remote doesn't need IR to work). 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.