Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rpbord

4k Express Power and Sound not working with Visio TV

Jump to solution

I have set up my remote several times. I cannot set to CEC, all channels keep playing music. I have tried all the channels saying no, I cannot hear music as some have suggested. This is a new system, all other controls work. I have searched the community and nothing I have tried works.

please help!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: 4k Express Power and Sound not working with Visio TV

Jump to solution

Hi @Rpbord,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We appreciate you letting us know about your problem with your Roku remote. We will work with you to know what went wrong so we can assist you further and fix the issue. Kindly follow the steps below to enable CEC on your Vizio TV. For more assistance, you can reach out to your TV manufacturer for more information. 

CEC steps:

1. Press MENU on your Vizio remote
  2. Select System
  3. Select CEC
  4. Use the arrow buttons on your remote and set CEC Function to Enable.

To know more about the problem with your Roku remote, you can check out this support article on why you do not hear music during setup and why it is not controlling the power of your TV for more details. Our FAQ also provides additional information and complete steps on how to set up your voice remote to control your TV again.

Sincerely,
Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: 4k Express Power and Sound not working with Visio TV

Jump to solution

Hi @Rpbord,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We appreciate you letting us know about your problem with your Roku remote. We will work with you to know what went wrong so we can assist you further and fix the issue. Kindly follow the steps below to enable CEC on your Vizio TV. For more assistance, you can reach out to your TV manufacturer for more information. 

CEC steps:

1. Press MENU on your Vizio remote
  2. Select System
  3. Select CEC
  4. Use the arrow buttons on your remote and set CEC Function to Enable.

To know more about the problem with your Roku remote, you can check out this support article on why you do not hear music during setup and why it is not controlling the power of your TV for more details. Our FAQ also provides additional information and complete steps on how to set up your voice remote to control your TV again.

Sincerely,
Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos