Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
davita01

3rd party blue arrow remote can’t connect

Jump to solution

my new roku remote has blue arrow keys and no microphone or pairing button. how do i pair this to my roku ? bought off amazon . please help me

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Strega2
Roku Guru

Re: blue arrow remote can’t connect

Jump to solution

If it's not a voice remote, then it should be a simple IR remote.  No pairing needed, just point it at the Roku (not a Roku stick model - I hope) and press buttons.

Assuming it's the right kind of remote for your model of Roku...

If just pointing it doesn't work, listing the model number of the roku and the remote might help.

Banned but back. Because why not?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi, @davita01

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community.

As advised by the Community Streaming Experts, Roku devices are best paired with a remote that is officially produced by Roku since 3rd party remotes are not officially supported with any Roku devices. It might work, however, there is no guarantee that it will work as expected compared with an official Roku remote being used to navigate the Roku device.

To purchase a Roku remote, kindly visit this link here. Kindly make sure to check the details of each remote for it's compatibility per device. 

We hope this answers your inquiry.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Strega2
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

If it's not a voice remote, then it should be a simple IR remote.  No pairing needed, just point it at the Roku (not a Roku stick model - I hope) and press buttons.

Assuming it's the right kind of remote for your model of Roku...

If just pointing it doesn't work, listing the model number of the roku and the remote might help.

Banned but back. Because why not?
0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@davita01-

So that we know what we're dealing with here...

Can you provide a link to the remote you bought on Amazon?

What model Roku is it?  With no working remote you can still log into your account at my.roku.com and check your linked devices to get your model and model number.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: 3rd party blue arrow remote can’t connect

Jump to solution

When you say 3rd party, I assume that means it's not a remote built and offered by Roku. Unless it's IR capable, then it won't work on a Roku. And even if it does have Roku IR support, it won't work on a Roku Stick as those don't support IR remotes. As @makaiguy asked, we need more detail about the specific remote. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi, @davita01

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community.

As advised by the Community Streaming Experts, Roku devices are best paired with a remote that is officially produced by Roku since 3rd party remotes are not officially supported with any Roku devices. It might work, however, there is no guarantee that it will work as expected compared with an official Roku remote being used to navigate the Roku device.

To purchase a Roku remote, kindly visit this link here. Kindly make sure to check the details of each remote for it's compatibility per device. 

We hope this answers your inquiry.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos