Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
billfuller
Binge Watcher

touch remote doesnt talk back

when talking into my touch remote, to have it play a music station, it use to say thru the remote what station is playing. now it doe's not 10.5 build it did.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: touch remote doesnt talk back

@billfuller

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? What are the steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing? What troubleshooting steps have you already taken to try to resolve the issue?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
billfuller
Binge Watcher

oh hi danny boy, read my post cant re explain what i said in post.

0 Kudos
Strega
Roku Guru

Information does help.  For example: is “Touch Remote” a Roku product or someone else’s?  I know Logitech has/had a remote with “touch” in its name.

What app is playing those music stations?

You might mean the “audio guide” feature in Roku

https://support.roku.com/article/231584647

I don’t know if that announces radio stations.  It might depend on the app.

billfuller
Binge Watcher

do you work for roku

0 Kudos
billfuller
Binge Watcher

you haven't given me an answer

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@billfuller
Thanks for the follow up.

Can you please provide more specific information the issue you are experiencing? If you give voice commands to the remote, does it still carry out the request and just not repeat your command or station?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
billfuller
Binge Watcher

like I said in all my quote's the touch remote4B7A0D03-4A86-4F37-A16A-60FF001223C1_4_5005_c.jpegthe          

isn't talking back after I hit the voice button!!!!! when hitting voice button on roku table top TOUCH remote and asking it to play classic rock from pandora it would always say back to me "playing classic rock from pandora music" now it doesn't with 11 build. please fix this . it talked thru the remote

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@billfuller

Thanks for the follow up.

Can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing 

Once we have this information, we will be able to investigate the issue further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos