Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cheycrane

Re: Roku remote draining batteries

Jump to solution

Is there an update for this problem? Going through batteries every 5 days. I am tired of purchasing batteries at this point. It will be cheaper to purchase an Amazon Firestick versus keeping on purchasing batteries.  #RokuSupport #pleasehelp

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @cheycrane,

Thanks for reaching out regarding the Roku remote battery drain issue you are experiencing.

Can you please provide the serial number of your Roku device from Settings>System>About as well as any additional information?

I'll be able to pass it along to our Support team who can assist you further.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
jaycube2

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R My remote is going through batteries every few weeks. My serial number is below. Please let me know what I need to do to fix this issue. Thanks.

YH0082020932

0 Kudos
thejaycrew
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hi Mary,

The serial number isYH0050904663.

Thank you for helping with this.

0 Kudos
DOuGpRATt
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

At this point, you should have collected enough serial numbers to know the range of them that are affected. So what is it? Let's see a list of the models and serial numbers that have the problem with batteries being drained too quickly, and an explanation of the cause(s).

MilesT
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

I suspect the problem may be a mixture of hardware, software, and environment, and may therefore be hard to diagnose and reproduce.

It would help if Roku offered an IR alternative for streaming sticks (an "eye" and a mike on a cable which plugs into the stick), all the other Roku devices will work with IR remote (foregoing the private listening and voice search features).

Not a Roku employee
0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @thejaycrew @jaycube2,

Thanks for reaching out and providing me with your information.
I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.
In the meantime, did you know you can use your mobile phone or tablet to control your Roku player in place of your remote with the Roku mobile app?

Find out more about the Roku mobile app here: How to install the Roku® mobile app | Official Roku Support 

Please let us know if there's anything else we can help you with.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @DGoguen,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Can you please provide us with more specific information about the Roku remote battery drain issue you are experiencing? How long has the battery lasted? Do your Roku remotes support private listening? This may also be one factor for the battery drain.

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
DGoguen
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Last batteries lasted 3 weeks. Yes, it supports headphones, but we don't use. 

0 Kudos