Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jaymcnr

Roku remote draining batteries

Jump to solution

Please help! My Roku remote is draining batteries, I have had to change them every week. #Roku Express (3930, 3931 series) 

0 Kudos
sunshinelori
Binge Watcher

Re: Roku remote draining batteries

Jump to solution

Hello Monty,

Roku has been kind enough to have sent me 2 replacements and I experienced rapid battery drain--and now they are send me my 3rd replacement but I don't have any faith as i believe it is a manufacturing defect in their streaming stick + remotes and it should be addressed w a new remote designed and a recall for all it's customers. I am using the remote app on my phone and I only use the remote briefly and  pull the batteries out when I am not using it. Sorry you also having issues.

RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Hey @Jaymcnr

We're here to help!

Please reply here with the serial number of the Roku device associated with the affected remote. It can be viewed by navigating to Settings > System > About.

Once we have the information needed, we'll be able to forward it to our support team for further assistance.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Pappyski

Jump to solution

My remote also going through batteries like crazy.  What is the solution?

0 Kudos
Pappyski

Jump to solution

Same problem remote goes through batteries like crazy.  Streaming stick.

0 Kudos
JLRok

Jump to solution

My Remote for the Roku 3810x still drains batteries after 2 weeks. I’ve spend $15 on batteries now. What can I do? 

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Danny, Your solution did not solve the problem. My remote STILL drains after one or two uses. I cannot tell you the serial number or the other information you asked for because THE BATTERIES ARE DRAINED and I can't use it.  This has been a problem since I bought it. How can this be resolved?

0 Kudos
mech259

Jump to solution

I am almost to the same point as you about doing away with Roku I have three Roku devices and this one is the one that keeps draining the batteries The other two don't

0 Kudos
Kevin31

Jump to solution

I use my Roku remote on and off every week and every three or four days I am required change the battery. Is there something wrong with my remote? This has been going on for months running me up lots of money on batteries. 

0 Kudos
thejaycrew
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hello, since the new update to 10.5 about a month ago, my remote has been going through a set of batteries every 7-10 days. I read some of the other posts and have already shut down and restarted my Roku Plus. What do I do?

0 Kudos