Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Denpod
Reel Rookie

Roku Home Screen Does Not Display

Jump to solution

While pausing a show and going back to the Home Page, an overlapping double Home Page displayed then disappeared to a black screen.  Haven't been able to restore it but can access my channels blindly.   It's only by luck that I will access the channel I want. 

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku Home Screen Does Not Display

Jump to solution

@Denpod-

These things are just special purpose computers. Like their big brothers sometimes clearing things out by restarting them can correct problems. (Note that if yours is a Roku TV with "Fast start" enabled, turning it off and back on just puts it into and out of a standby state and does NOT give you a complete restart.)

Depending on your Roku model and Roku version number you'll find the System restart option under Settings > System > Power or if not there, under Settings > System

In your case, since you can't see what you are doing, or if one doesn't have sufficient control with the remote to navigate the Roku menus, you can also restart by pulling the power plug to the Roku for a minute or so then plugging it back in.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X

View solution in original post

Denpod
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

IT WORKED!!!!!IT WORKED!!!!!

Thanks so much for the help.   I unplugged my Roku and waited for about 20 minutes.   I figured that if it was anything like my modem it needed at least that much time to clear.

I am sooooo grateful for this community support. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
makaiguy

Jump to solution

@Denpod-

These things are just special purpose computers. Like their big brothers sometimes clearing things out by restarting them can correct problems. (Note that if yours is a Roku TV with "Fast start" enabled, turning it off and back on just puts it into and out of a standby state and does NOT give you a complete restart.)

Depending on your Roku model and Roku version number you'll find the System restart option under Settings > System > Power or if not there, under Settings > System

In your case, since you can't see what you are doing, or if one doesn't have sufficient control with the remote to navigate the Roku menus, you can also restart by pulling the power plug to the Roku for a minute or so then plugging it back in.

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Denpod
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

IT WORKED!!!!!IT WORKED!!!!!

Thanks so much for the help.   I unplugged my Roku and waited for about 20 minutes.   I figured that if it was anything like my modem it needed at least that much time to clear.

I am sooooo grateful for this community support. 

makaiguy

Jump to solution

Glad it worked out.  Celebrate with one of those Molsons.

Jump to solution

Hi...All of the options had disappeared from my Home Screen...it was blank...so I did what you said...unplugged and waited 20 min...I plugged all back in...and the Home Screen came right on with all the Options...so it worked!  Thank you so much! 

0 Kudos