Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RobertPC

Replacement charging cord for Roku Streaming Stick 4K+ (2021) remote

I have lost the charging cord for my Roku Streaming Stick 4K+ (2021) Streaming Device 4K/HDR/Dolby Vision with Roku Voice Remote Pro, Black. 

I need to replace it. Will the "Roku® Micro USB Power Adaptor" I found on the Roku website work with my rechargeable remote?

https://www.roku.com/products/accessories/roku-micro-usb-power-adaptor

Thanks for any guidance!

Robert

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
Ello2022
Roku Guru

Re: Replacement charging cord for Roku Streaming Stick 4K+ (2021) remote

There is no such thing as a charging cord for any Roku. It’s the power cord. Which Model is your Roku Stick? Only the 3810 has a replaceable cable. The Roku Stick power cord is special cause it contains a wireless receiver in it. If you lost that cable then your only choice is to purchase a new Roku Stick. So all you have is the remote and the stick? No cord with AC adapter? Did you read the compatibility list on the link you sent?What is your model number?

https://www.roku.com/products/accessories/usb-power-cable-with-long-range-wifi-receiver

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

@Ello2022 

The OP has a 3821 stick 4k+ which comes with Voice Pro remote and micro usb cable to charge the Voice Pro remote, which they're asking if it can be used to replace the Long-Range wireless receiver cable, which as you stated it cannot. We don't know if Roku has replacement cables, they don't sell them, but it doesn't mean they don't have some for warranty service? 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Ello2022
Roku Guru

@Tivoburkee  I know what he means. The cord he is showing in his link is to charge the remote pro. The cable he is looking for needs to have the Long range wireless receiver in it. There is no way to purchase that cable unless you have a 3810. But even if you have a 3810 those cables are out of stock. So even if you have a 3810 or a newer Roku stick your out of luck. The only choice is to buy a new Roku stick

0 Kudos
RobertPC

Hi there,

Thanks so much for responding!!

I believe the model number is 3821R.

This is off the Amazon description of my order:

What's in the box
  • Roku Streaming Stick 4K+
  • Voice Remote Pro
  • USB power cable with Long-range Wi-Fi receiver
  • USB charger for remote
  • Power adaptor
I think I need the USB charger for recharging the remote, right? It does not use regular batteries.

0 Kudos

This is stupid that I have to buy the whole unit over again just for the cable.  Why can't you make it so any cable with that end can be used to power the streaming stick????  Also, why is there no direct phone number so people can actually talk to someone????  There is no link to the product that is searchable for the replacement cable.  Makes me want to switch to the Amazon Fire Stick.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hi @RoamCajun63
Thanks for the post.

If you need a replacement cable that can be used to power your Roku Streaming Stick, feel free to visit our website: Roku Accessories

I hope this helps! Let us know if you need further assistance. 

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Er1
Binge Watcher

Ordered one but ROKU ripped me off and never sent it.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hello @Er1

Thanks for posting here in the Community.

Could you tell us more about the issue you're experiencing? What specifically you ordered from our website? 

With more information, we can assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos