Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Remote keeps draining batteries.

Jump to solution

Hi @BobSilver51,

Thanks for following up.

For more information about how to send a PM, visit our Community post here: https://community.roku.com/t5/Welcome-to-the-Roku-Community/Welcome-to-the-Community/m-p/514427#M125...

Thanks,

Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
GaryQ

Jump to solution

I need to speak with someone at Roku about my relatively new remote draining batteries daily.   If there is a Roku employee monitoring this site, please reply to me with information about how Roku will replace this defective remote at no cost.  

Thanks

Gary

enjeam

Jump to solution

Hi @RokuDanny-R 

My Roku remote also drains batteries in less than a week

Been happening for a while but only just looked it up on the web

Serial ID is YH00DH493351

Model 3810x

0 Kudos
carrikerhh
Channel Surfer

Re:How to stop my Roku remote from continuously draining batteries

Jump to solution

I had/have the same issue with 3 Roku sticks using the RC-EL1 remotes. The batteries only die when the stick is powered from the TV, if you plug the stick into the outlet adapter, the remote batteries do not die. I did significant troubleshooting for Roku on the matter and they have not yet provided a solution/resolution.

So check your remotes for the RC-EL1 model # and try plugging them into the power adapter. Other model remotes after binding to the stick, do not exhibit this short battery life problem. The remote is the problem.

Packerma13

Remote batteries dying in 24 hours

Jump to solution

I have to replace my batteries in my remote every morning. Model #3931RW Roku Express+

Series #X00400DLT1W

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: How to stop my Roku remote from continuously draining batteries

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts regarding remote battery drain.

When posting regarding the issue you are experiencing, it's important that you provide the specific Roku model device you are using.

• If you are experiencing remote battery drain with a Streaming Stick (3800), please be aware that we have released an update to your remote that we believe will address the issue you are experiencing.
  • Please perform a system restart from your Roku device. This will update your remote to the latest version. This can be done by navigating to Settings > System > System Restart. After you perform the system update, continue to use your device as normal and monitor the remote battery percentage listed under Settings > Remotes > About.
  • Additionally, if you had moved your Roku device power source to a wall outlet to help address this problem, you may now reconnect the USB cable to your TV's USB port if preferred.
    Please let us know if you notice any improvements in battery life or if the issue is persisting.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: How to stop my Roku remote from continuously draining batteries

Jump to solution

@Packerma13

Thanks for the post.

I have responded to the PM that you sent me and will continue to assist you from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
darewear
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

My Roku ultra drains the batteries every 2-3 days.  When I turn off Roku from remote the light does not go out on the box, I don't know if that is the issue for draining batteries or if that is normal but it is costing me a fortune in battery consumption. I have a Roku stick on another TV and have not had to change the batteries once. Using my Smart phone as an alternative is an unacceptable alternative for using the remote. Of course Roku would want you to to do that, so that they don't have to address a problem that many are experiencing the same similar issues. I bought this device for the headphone capability. I've unplugged headphone when not in use, I have it powered directly to the wall. I have tried almost everything I can think of and to no prevail. My device is still under warranty and I expect Roku to resolve this issue. I am not going to invest another $100.00 because Roku has the utmost horrible customer service and tech support.

gratefulmets
Reel Rookie

Remote eating batteries

Jump to solution

Need help as my streaming stick is draining batteries at an unacceptable rate. I am not using the private listening. 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @darewear,

We're sorry to hear that you're having this experience.

If you are unable to resolve the issue, please send me a private message with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,

Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos