Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: Roku replacement remote

Jump to solution

Hi @pknutel

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

I have passed along your information and concern to our Support team. They will follow up and further assist you through email.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
JenD
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku streaming stick+ draining batteries

Jump to solution

I have done everything you have asked: provided the model number, updated firmware, plugged it into the wall (not the USB) and I am still draining batteries every 2-3 weeks.  Why??   My older Roku does not have this issue. 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Hey @JenD

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Please reply here with the serial number of the Roku device associated with the affected remote. It can be viewed by navigating to Settings > System > About.

Once we have the information needed, we'll be able to forward it to our support team for further assistance.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
JoelJoel
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Same remote battery problem as others are having.  It's very expensive to own such a cheap device.  I gather from this thread that this is a widespread issue?? 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Hi @JoelJoel 

We're here to help!

Please check my post above and reply here with the information asked. I'll be able to further assist you from there.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
JoelJoel
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Sn:   X01600GHYHRR

Model:   3941X - Roku Express 4K+

Device:    S07P514HYHRR

Thanks 

0 Kudos
Bellameya1

Jump to solution

S/N YPOO33573104

My device is a room Ultra 4640X

The battery drains quickly and honestly there shouldn't be anything malfunctioning on my remote, it's never been mistreated or dropped.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@JoelJoel @Bellameya1

Thanks for the posts and providing us with your information.

I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
jockfreese
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Roku has a problem and continues to "Thank" unhappy customers by saying they're passing the problem on.  This has been going on since at least January (at least 10 months).  Nothing concrete comes back except I see posts about plugging directly into power, which a lot of us undoubtedly do, or buying another remote.  If Roku were an automobile manufacturer, there would possibly be a recall to either fix or replace these "battery eating" remotes.  If these posts continue and nothing is done someone may decide to take "next steps".  I like what Roku does but the trust factor is starting to tarnish. 

0 Kudos
OG
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I have the battery-drain problem, as well. I don't understand how powering the stick from a wall outlet could possibly have any effect on the remote's power draw. As others have done, I have been removing the batteries from the streaming stick remote after using it. The remote for my Premiere Roku last an extremely long time. Unlike that for the Stick, the Premiere remote does not have voice control. Could it be the remote with voice control is always listening, and that leads to a constant current draw? One of these days I should hook up my Fluke multimeter and measure it, but one would expect the Roku engineers already have the answer to that.

SN:  YH00EV855936

Model:  3810RB

Device ID: 22505E855936

Software: 10.0.0 build 4209-50

0 Kudos