Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Potman
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku streaming stick+ draining batteries

Jump to solution

Everyone should send emails to the California Atty. General's office to complain of the Roku company headquartered in that state has the products that have had this problem for years and will not fix it.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@pb244

Thanks for the information! I have passed along your concern to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

@Phuuuk @Dash-dash @Potman

Please provide us the serial number of the Roku device associated with the affected remote so we can further help you out. You can view it by going to Settings > System > About

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Bad-remote

Jump to solution

Horrible battery life.  All systems up to date and still eats a battery despite never being used.  Terrible.  Don’t buy Roku.

0 Kudos
Michmtbbgirl
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I don't understand it because this was just a recent problem on my remotes.  Once it started I had to change batteries every 3 days.  It's surely NOT because they want us to buy new equipment??  Customer no service!

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Hey @Michmtbbgirl,

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this has caused.

Please perform a system restart from your Roku device. This will update your remote to the latest version. This can be done by navigating to Settings > System > System Restart. After you perform the system update, continue to use your device as normal and monitor the remote battery percentage listed under Settings > Remotes > About.

If the issue persists, please reply here with the Roku device serial number associated with the affected remote. It can be found by navigating to Settings > System > About

Please keep us posted!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Michmtbbgirl
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thank you.  Yes, I did perform the update.  It worked for about 2 days and then the volume button would no longer work.  It's just one problem after another.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Thanks for the reply, @Michmtbbgirl

You can set up your remote for TV control again by doing the following:

1. Navigate to Settings
  2. Select Remotes & devices
  3. Select Remotes followed by your remote
  4. Select Set up remote for TV control

Our FAQ provides additional information and complete steps on how to set up your enhanced remote to control your TV.

If still no luck, post on this thread your device ID, software version & build, and your TV make/model. All information can be found by going to Settings > System > About.

Please keep us posted!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Potman
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Suggest you and others communicate with the CA Atty. General as it appears that Roku is only stalling without actually fixing the major issues.

0 Kudos
terrybowman
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku replacement remote

Jump to solution

System restart did not correct my battery drain problem.

Terry

0 Kudos
FERGY
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku replacement remote

Jump to solution

I purchased my Roku in early January and was going through batteries every 2-3 days. Made a phone call to Roku's technical center and they lead me through the update and restart procedure and also changed the Roku's power source from the TV's USB connector to a wall outlet. The same batteries have been in the remote for 4 months and the battery level is now at 60%.

0 Kudos