Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ZA
Binge Watcher

Re: Roku streaming stick+ draining batteries

Jump to solution

To their credit they replaced mine but it does the same thing. Given that everyone has different devices but this is relatively new it seems to be a Roku software issue. That said the time and money spent to diagnose and replace batteries is frustrating and shouldn’t be on the consumer. 

0 Kudos
SRQtech
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

@BellaWA @ZA 

The remote is not defective in the sense that it is doing what it was designed to do - constantly try to sync with the stick. Unfortunately, this means that if the stick is powered off, the batteries will drain very fast.

Roku needs to redesign the remote so it doesn't keep trying and trying to sync if the stick is off. If that is beyond what a firmware update can do, then they need to send all of us a newly redesigned remote to replace the ones we have now.

0 Kudos
amians01
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I don’t think there is any fix. They are ripping customers for past 3 years. File a consumer complaint in Your state.

pennsy
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

For a temporary solution I am trying NIMH rechargeables . Inconvenient but at least I am not spending a fortune on batteries. To all those using alkalines, be careful that your dead batteries don't leak and destroy your remote. 

0 Kudos
Fantus
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I think I'll return mine. This is ridiculous going through batteries like this. The product is defective, no question about it. And Roku is refusing to make it right (perhaps because they can't). 

0 Kudos
pennsy
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I would like to know if new models still have this issue. 

0 Kudos
Potman
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Same problem as MANY other customers and mine is plugged into the wall outlet. It would appear your products are defective and you should stop selling them knowing about this terrible product and reimburse ALL customers. Also, NO CUSTOMER SERVICE AVAILABLE? Or maybe you just make it too difficult for the above average customer to find. Having your engineering employees look into it is NOT sufficient action. AND you are supposed to be an American company? 

Fantus
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Yes. I bought mine two weeks ago. It has this problem. I'm going to return it this week. This is ridiculous. 

0 Kudos
ZA
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I am stuck just taking the batteries out of the remote. This means we don’t use it as often. As cord cutters I can’t afford new batteries every week or two. At this point I can’t say Roku is an option for cord cutters. I would steer toward Android/chromecast due to the flexibility. 

SRQtech
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

@ZA 

Chromecast with Google TV does look pretty good right now.

0 Kudos