Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: No remote or WiFi

Jump to solution

@Joey1623 

Thanks for the inquiry.

As mentioned, you will need a remote to connect to your wireless network.

If you need a replacement remote for a Roku TV, you would need to contact your TV manufacturer. You can contact Phillips here:https://www.usa.philips.com/c-w/support-home/support-contact-page#n62Contact=SOUND_AND_VISION_GR%2BT... or at1-866-309-5962

You can also purchase a remote that is compatible with your Roku TV here: https://www.roku.com/products/accessories/roku-tv

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Chelsey89

Re: Remote

Jump to solution

I have a Roku 2710x and am having the same issue. Remote no longer works. Moved and need to connect to a different wifi network. 

Mcninja

Connecting to a new network without a remote possibilities?is it ?

Jump to solution

Ive lost my remote and use my phone app as one . Now i have a new modem and can’t connect my express to a network . The app works through wifi . Is there a way to register my network to my device online? So i can use the app on my phone as a remote. 

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Connecting to a new network without a remote possibilities?is it ?

Jump to solution

The easiest thing to do by far is to get a new remote.  A cheap universal remote will do (if it supports Roku).  Barring that, the only way to get it to connect is to set up your new Wi-Fi exactly the same as your old Wi-Fi and hope it connects.

Otherwise, you must use a physical remote to input new network details in order to get connected. 

[content edited]

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Remote

Jump to solution

@Chelsey89 

Thanks for the inquiry.

You will need a remote to connect to your wireless network. You can purchase a replacement Simple remote here on our Product page: Player Accessories

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

No remote and not connected to wife

Jump to solution

Is there a way to find my roku IP address with just the serial number?

0 Kudos
atc98092

Re: No remote and not connected to wife

Jump to solution

If it's not connected to the network, it doesn't have an IP address. That is assigned to a device when it connects to the network, usually by the primary router. If you have a Roku that is WiFi only, there's no way to connect it to the network without a remote. If it's a Roku Stick, an actual Roku remote is the only one that will work, and different model Sticks use different remotes. If it's any other type of Roku, a generic IR remote will work if it has the correct codes for Roku devices. 

Dan

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.

Jump to solution

Is there anyway j can connect a roku remote app to my roku stick without my roku being connected to wifi and not having am actual remote connected. I am basically trying to set up my roku stick without a remote

0 Kudos
atc98092

Jump to solution

@Userunfriendly wrote:

Is there anyway j can connect a roku remote app to my roku stick without my roku being connected to wifi and not having am actual remote connected. I am basically trying to set up my roku stick without a remote

Nope, it's impossible. You can only control a Stick with the correct Roku remote for that Stick. Once it's connected to a network, then you can use the Roku app on a phone or tablet. But you have to get it connected to the network first, and that requires the remote.

If you have the purple Stick (model 3500), replacement remotes are no longer available. Send a private message to @RokuDanny-R and they can assist you in private. 

Dan

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Kparks11

No remote

Jump to solution

Forgot the remote for the roku we brought on vaca.

Trying to connect to the roku remote app

anyway to connect the roku to wifi without the remote? 

0 Kudos