Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tlandfried
Reel Rookie

Headphone jack failed on new Roku Voice Remote Pro

One of the main reasons I bought a Voice Remote Pro was for the headphone feature. My wife used it once and now it doesn’t work. We’ve tried two different sets of headphones, and neither work. I tried recharging the remote, but that didn’t help, either.

The unit is maybe a couple months old. It seems odd that it would fail after one use. Is there other troubleshooting we can do?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
15 REPLIES 15
TrooperDada326
Roku Guru

Re: Headphone jack failed on new Roku Voice Remote Pro

Where did you buy it from? It is under warranty. By the way you don't need to use the headphone jack. That is rather old school. You can use the Roku Remote Control app for your phone and use a pair of Bluetooth headphones or earbuds for private listening. This is what I do. Wired pluggin headphones using a 3.5mm jack is old school. I have 2 Voice Remote Pros but I do not use the headphone jack on the remote. It is also very easy to rip out the cord from the jack. 

https://support.roku.com/article/208757058

0 Kudos
tlandfried
Reel Rookie

We bought it directly from Roku.

I got it for my wife. She knows about the app, but doesn’t want to use. She doesn’t like the phone ringing in her ear while she’s watching a show. She’s old-school that way. 

Looks like a warranty return, unless someone from Roku gets back to me with a fix.

Thanks, though

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @tlandfried,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku community!

I understand that you are unable to use the private listening feature for your Roku Voice Remote Pro, is that correct?

Can you please provide the serial number of the linked Roku device from Settings > System > About that is connected to your Roku Voice Remote Pro? I'll be able to pass it along to our Support team who can assist you further.

Please keep us posted with the details.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Skulls19
Reel Rookie

What was your outcome? My remote headphone jack stopped working also. 

0 Kudos
Violet1981
Reel Rookie

Hi, I just bought the roku voice pro and haven't been able to get the headphone jack to work at all. As far as  liking the  "old school ways" good for her, my daughter is the same. Alot of things and People should be more old school. Just sayin.

ShogunOfHarlem
Channel Surfer

Same here. Got it today, from Roku. I hear a little click in my headphones when I plug it into the remote but the audio stays playing on the TV. 

0 Kudos
Violet1981
Reel Rookie

Hi,  after finally contacting via chat,  a Roku support agent informed me my current system did not support private listening. I just purchased a Roku Ultra LT   thru Walmart Online, it had the cheapest price and free shipping, total was around $43. I just returned the roku with headphone jack alone that cost around $32.

The pic enclosed is just for reference from another site.

Hope this helpRoku for private listeningRoku for private listening

ShogunOfHarlem
Channel Surfer

Thank you. It's really frustrating

0 Kudos

Mine failed also. Worked a couple times and now I can't use headphones. It's less than a month old. I'm returning it. Got an RMA # from Roku this morning. This is happening to everyone I know that has this remote. Roku should just send everyone replacements, since it's obvious there is an issue with the product, not just 1 or 2 bad ones. Hope you get a replacement that works

0 Kudos