Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sam111
Reel Rookie

Down arrow not working

My remote is brand new (got it August 5th), but the down arrow has suddenly stopped working... I've changed out the batteries and the button itself doesn't seem to be stuck. All the other buttons are working perfectly fine.

Labels (1)
7 REPLIES 7
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Down arrow not working

Try restarting the roku, if you can't get there in the menu because of down arrow key not working, unplug it for bit from the power. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
sam111
Reel Rookie

@Tivoburkee wrote:

Try restarting the roku, if you can't get there in the menu because of down arrow key not working, unplug it for bit from the power. 

Thanks for the suggestion! Unfortunately it didn't seem to do any good.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@sam111 

Thanks for the post.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number on the Roku device along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
ConnieMoo

My down and to the left button is not working? Any suggestions? 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@ConnieMoo

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide more information about the issue you are experiencing? Have you tried replacing the batteries in your remote? Have you checked to make sure that the buttons aren't lodged or stuck? If you are still unable to resolve the issue, please provide us with the serial number of your Roku device (printed on the side/back of the device) and I'll have our support team reach out directly to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jmmendozat

Only the arrow upward working. Batteries are brand new. Premiere model 3920X, SN K4305D377646

THANK YOU

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@jmmendozat

Thanks for the post..

Please be aware that your device is no longer under warranty. It's possible that the remote may be on its way out. If you need a replacement remote for your Roku device, you can purchase a compatible remote on our Products page

For more information about our device warranty, visit our Support page here: Player warranty and license agreement

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos