Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jjmjr
Level 7

Re: Roku Remote Quick Buttons

Jump to solution

Is it possible to create a command for “Fubo TV” on the “1” programming key? Trying to set it up for my grandparents who aren’t exactly “tech savvy” lol

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Yes, that will work, just tried it using the ultra remote paired to my TCL roku tv. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Flopface
Level 7

Jump to solution

OH Big deal!!! Roku takes up valuable space on the remote with useless shortcut buttons while transport buttons are tiny. How much are you getting in kickbacks for these buttons? Is it worth anoying ypur customer base?

0 Kudos
Pokediggla
Level 7

Jump to solution

@WSOTW wrote:

What a crock.  I mistakenly assumed that since the photo of the remote I purchased for my mom's Roku t.v. showed FOUR BLANK BUTTONS, that I might have the option of programming those so that she might push one **bleep** button to get to her Law and Order station.  Now I find out that not only are the blank buttons misleading but it would appear that my back up plan of letting her use the voice activated feature to access that channel ALSO WILL NOT WORK UNLESS LAW AND ORDER HAPPENS TO BE ON A ROKU CHANNEL.  Honestly, could you make it any more difficult for the elderly?:????  My mom has dementia and every **bleep** day she has meltdown until I come to her house and find her channel.  I'd like to toss this Roku piece of garbage out the window.

I had a similar issue with my mother. I bought her the DVD box set. All she has to do is press the play button on DVD remote (provided she doesn't accidentally change input or something). Every day or 2 me or my kids switch to the next DVD.

Would like to get a universal remote and program only the play, stop, pause, power, and volume buttons, or open up the remote and either remove the other buttons or block the contacts somehow 

0 Kudos
LeeinIL
Level 7

Jump to solution

Sorry but the Quick Buttons are NOT dependent upon the place of purchased.  I bought my first Stick+ from Best Buy and the speed buttons were Netflix, Disney+, Hulu & Sling.  That arrangement was perfect for my family.  Purchased a second Stick+ and was shocked to find the speed buttons were Netflix, GooglePlay, Roku, and HBO Now.  The quick buttons on the second stick+ are nearly worthless and the experience was, well, disappointing.  It is also unpleasant to find that I can not re-program the quick buttons.  So, do I keep the second or return it?

The online sales image for the quick buttons when I placed the Best Buy order were identical to my first purchase.

0 Kudos
KenDecker
Level 8

Jump to solution

Ok, then how do you program the channel shortcuts/quick buttons on a remote with a pairing button next to the battery compartment?

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

You don't, and can't. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
RufusJCat
Level 7

Jump to solution

Remember when people who purchased products from a company were considered to be that firm's customers?

KenDecker
Level 8

Jump to solution

Good 'ol days!

0 Kudos
SuperD
Level 8

Jump to solution

Here is a great remote that you can reprogram the quick buttons if you don't like what they are.  It also operates just about any infrared entertainment device and has a quick set up through a smartphone app.  https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07VRP2BBP/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

0 Kudos