Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Extremely slow response but Excellent WiFi signal

Clearly you're not reading what OP said. They included their model and that they replaced the batteries. Big oof Roku. 

0 Kudos
saboken
Binge Watcher

Thank you 😊

0 Kudos
Rking20
Reel Rookie

My ruku tv is getting worse by the day ! don’t think it’s my WiFi but hmmm 🤔…I bought this tv March 1st 2021 so it’s been four months…. I can not stream any apps ,Hulu Netflix ,discovery ….and volume is terrible and lots of weird sounds but the only thing that works is my app sling tv . I don’t have an antenna  for the sling tv as they suggested it ,but I don’t have one and my sling streams great ! Also my tv is  slow when changing channels  and apps  ! I wonder if anyone may know why all this is happening ?

In the meanttime I’ll just watch sling but if this gets worse and I can’t fix this I will get rid of my ruku tv and find another tv brand !!! 

It can possibly be my internet but ..

it just doesn’t seem right .. I do have the fastest strongest WiFi and have only a few devices on it .
then there must be an explanation to why sling works fabulous!! 

hmmm another idea is the apps and the movie  apps are messing up !! Maybe it’s not internet nor tv but the streaming capabilities of the apps ! They may be getting worse and don’t know what they are  are doing ??? Hmmm 

DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@Rking20 

Slow response like you describe doesn't sound like WiFi issues. It could be that the device is bad. I have two Roku TV devices. One is fairly new, just a few months old, and it is quite responsive. The other is several years old and is a bit sluggish. If your Roku TV is new, I would expect better performance, even if you had a weak WiFi signal. I'm leaning towards the device itself as the problem.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

PatiM

So do I. I can see the white receiver box under my TCL TV blinks at every button press but nothing happens. or might happen after 6, 8, 10 button presses. This goes for Volume and Power Off as well. I don't think Power and Volume are Internet related. Numerous new batteries. Very frustrated!

Steve

0 Kudos
Rking20
Reel Rookie

Something I did last night that seemed to help ! Try it 

in the settings scroll to system and go to system update and update it ! It seemed to help so far I haven’t had issues but it’s only been a day since I did it ! It was real real bad last night the sound was way messed up and I did that and it fixed ! We will see!! Lol good luck 

0 Kudos
Zee_1

I agree. This the second Roku player I have over few years behaving same way as my previous model. After sometime the players are extremely unresponsive.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Hey @Zee_1

Thanks for posting here in the Community!

We do not have enough details from your original message to make an effective suggestion. Could you tell us specifically about the issue you're running into? How about your Roku device model? You can locate it in Settings > System > About

With more information, we can assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos

We have a Samsung Roku TV.  Very slow operation with the remote.  New batteries in the remote.  We have two other TVs with ROKU boxes and they work fine.  Just not the Roku TV.  For example increasing/decreasing the volume can be a 5 second lag at times

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Hi @SawyerCounty

Thanks for letting us know about the issue you're experiencing. 

Please be advised that Roku works with a variety of TV manufacturers who build Roku TVs but not with Samsung. For more information, you can check this Support article: What brands of smart TVs offer Roku TV™?

Moreover, remotes for Roku TVs are manufactured directly by the TV manufacturer. We would recommend reaching out to the TV manufacturer's customer support team to report the issue and get help.

For a list of Roku TV manufacturer's contact information, visit our Community post here: Contacting Support for Your Roku TV

We appreciate your understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos