Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuTannerD
Retired Moderator

Re: Remote Control Battery Status Keeps Displaying on TV

Jump to solution

@summersrl  Thanks for the note. Could you please provide more information about which model of Roku device you are using when you encounter the issue? Have you tried rebooting both your Roku device and your wireless router/modem by disconnecting the power to both devices for a few minutes, then reconnecting, to see if this helps? 

If not, please send me a private message with your Roku account email address and the serial number fo your Roku device from Settings>System>About and I'll help get you in touch with our support team directly. 

Thanks,

Tanner

summersrl
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Thanks for the response, Tanner. I will follow up with a DM with the specifics you requested. For others who may stumble upon this thread let me provide a bit of clarification here.....

1. I have (and use) several Roku devices including two Roku Ultras, a Roku Stick+ and Roku Express+. This issue impacts one of the two Roku Ultras.

2. I have rebooted the Roku Ultra. Given I have three other Rokus that do not have this issue I have not rebooted my network. Rebooting the Ultra did not resolve the issue.

Anyway, I'll forward my email and serial number to you shortly.

Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Remote Battery Icon

Jump to solution

Because you think it shouldn't be dead in such a short time period, doesn't mean they aren't. Go into settings> remote & devices> remote in use> about what's the battery percentage?

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
klinder
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I could never get anything that was recommended to me as a resolution to work.  I finally sent the unit back and got a replacement which seems to be working fine.  Glad to know I am not the only one with this problem.

summersrl
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Well Klinder... at least you got a reply with things to try! I sent off the requested DM on Monday and haven't heard a thing from them since. After how quickly they responded initially their subsequent silence has been very disappointing. Guess maybe there just isn't a solution to the issue.....

0 Kudos
R625problemstoo
Streaming Star

Re: 55R625 - right corner battery level icon/overlay error displayed middle of show

Jump to solution

Was going on, does Roku even care?

0 Kudos
We-like-cats
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Any updates?

I have tried all of the following

1. Reset Roku box

2. Re-paired remote 

3. Reset router. Even got a new router. 
4. New batteries. 

Same issue as noted above still occurs. 

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@We-like-cats 

Thanks for the update.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
summersrl
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Updates? You're funny. Roku Support dropped me like a hot rock. Much as they did to all who complained about this issue before me. Like you I got a nice "please send us a direct message and we'll put you in touch with our Support team". That was the last I heard from them. I even tried contacting them again. They ignored that outreach as well. Hope you have a better experience.

RokuTannerD
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@summersrl 

Thanks for the follow-up here. I'm sorry if we missed reconnecting with you. We've provided your report to our team who was looking into the issue, but we don't have any further updates to share at the moment. I'll have our support team reach out directly to see what other options we have to help. 

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos