Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Marujo
Level 7

Used to have full screen but suddenly changed to smaller ratio.

Jump to solution

My display has always been full screen coverage then suddenly yesterday I turned it on and I have what I assume is a 4:3 ratio instead of using the whole screen. I restarted the roku stick (3600x) both through the software and by unplugging but no change. I tried switching from auto to 720p to 1080p and all screens still not filling whole TV. I don't know what else to try. Suggestions? Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Used to have full screen but suddenly changed to smaller ratio.

Jump to solution

Roku players have no aspect ratio controls. It sounds like you might have accidentally hit a button on the TV remote that changed a setting in the TV itself. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2\
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Roku players have no aspect ratio controls. It sounds like you might have accidentally hit a button on the TV remote that changed a setting in the TV itself. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Marujo
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thanks Dan. I did some searching on my TV and was able to correct it. Not sure how it could have happened accidentally,  it took a number of button pushes to fix it! I originally looked at TV but only things that could be changed with a single button push thinking the same thing.  Thank you very much! Was tired of squinting at TV, lol

0 Kudos