Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
plschrader
Binge Watcher

Sync voices to picture

All of a sudden voices aren’t synced to picture. Roku 3. JVC tv. Worked fine for five years now voices are not synced. Not in Netflix, HBONow or Amazon
0 Kudos
20 REPLIES 20
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Sync voices to picture

"plschrader" wrote:
All of a sudden voices aren’t synced to picture. Roku 3. JVC tv. Worked fine for five years now voices are not synced. Not in Netflix, HBONow or Amazon

Are you using volume leveling? If so, turn it off and see if the issue remains.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

plschrader
Binge Watcher

I don’t see volume leveling. I see this.

Ok. I don’t see how to attach a picture.

Under settings I picked audio. Then menu volume which I turned off. It did not correct the problem.

I don’t understand why this happened all of a sudden.
0 Kudos
Tonya_G
Roku Guru

"plschrader" wrote:
I don’t see volume leveling. I see this.

Ok. I don’t see how to attach a picture.

Under settings I picked audio. Then menu volume which I turned off. It did not correct the problem.

I don’t understand why this happened all of a sudden.

I don't think the Roku 3 has the volume leveling and night mode option when you press the * button when playing a video unless the newest OS update changed that. The last time I usedy Roku 3 was about 10 months ago, so I don't know for sure.

Have you tried restarting your Roku 3 or unplugging it for 30 seconds and plugging it back in to restart to see if that would fix it? Have you also checked for system updates on your Roku 3? Have you also tried uninstalling each of those app, restarting you Roku 3 and then reinstalling them to see if that would fix it?
0 Kudos
plschrader
Binge Watcher

I will try all those suggestions
0 Kudos
plschrader
Binge Watcher

I did a factory reset and it seems to have fixed the problem. Thank you
0 Kudos
Tonya_G
Roku Guru

"plschrader" wrote:
I did a factory reset and it seems to have fixed the problem. Thank you

OK, Good!!!
0 Kudos
Mazz
Roku Guru

In the future if this should happen...Unplug Router for 2 minutes and Your Roku device/TV..Plug Router back in and wait until all the lights are flashing then plug Roku back in..usually can fix those out of sync issues. Make sure it's 2 minutes, it clears the Cache.
0 Kudos
jeffrok
Roku Guru

"Mazz" wrote:
In the future if this should happen...Unplug Router for 2 minutes and Your Roku device/TV..Plug Router back in and wait until all the lights are flashing then plug Roku back in..usually can fix those out of sync issues. Make sure it's 2 minutes, it clears the Cache.

This doesn't sound accurate.. voices being out of sync with the video doesn't have anything to do with a router, if you ask me..
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
https://youtu.be/d1CSEeqWl10
0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

"jeffrok" wrote:
"Mazz" wrote:

This doesn't sound accurate.. voices being out of sync with the video doesn't have anything to do with a router, if you ask me..

Doesn't sound right to me, either.  Resetting the Roku alone is probably sufficient.
Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos