Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Willste
Reel Rookie

Roku 2020 Ultra Audio skipping constantly in YouTube and Spotify

Picked up a Roku 2020 and it arrived yesterday. Seems to work perfectly except for a persistent audio problem in YoutTube and Spotify. It seems fine in other major streaming apps.

The audio constantly skips about every second there is muted audio.

I have it hooked up to an LG55CX and am using the TV's speakers. I tried tweaking all of my TV's audio settings and nothing made a difference.

On the Roku side I hit *, and turned the audio option there to off and it made no difference.

I did notice if you switch to wireless audio through Roku App on my smart phone audio is totally fine. 

So it is almost certainly an issue that is isolated to audio coming through TV. I need to try it on a tv that doesn't support Dolby atmos to see if it is a weird issue with that in these apps. Netflix engages dolby atmos just fine. But I also see the icon flash for that in Spotify and Youtube before the issue occurs. I think I actually noticed audio skip once while watching Disney plus and when it happened dobly atmos icon flashed in the top right corner. Makes me wonder if in youtube and spotify there isn't some bug causing Dobly Atmos to engage and disengage over and over again causing audio loss.

All of this seems to work fine on my older Roku Streaming Stick+ which supports HDR and I believe dolby atmos.

2 REPLIES 2
Randersen

Re: Roku 2020 Ultra Audio skipping constantly in YouTube and Spotify

Yeah mine too, whats going on

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku 2020 Ultra Audio skipping constantly in YouTube and Spotify

@Randersen

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? What are the steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing? What troubleshooting steps have you already taken to try to resolve the issue?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos