Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lns1917

Re: [OS 10.5] Screen frozen on "Introducing Roku OS 10.5" and remote not working

Jump to solution

don’t see the answer to this topic

Ursnmike

Re: introducing Roku OS 10.5 screen frozen and won't respond to remote control

Jump to solution

I have the same problem . If you press home nothing happens. Support is very lacking. Roku does not care. I am contacting Prime and HBO max and telling them that Roku is not supporting them. 

Ursnmike

Re: [OS 10.5] Screen frozen on "Introducing Roku OS 10.5" and remote not working

Jump to solution

Two weeks since you posted this and Roku still has not fixed the problem. What kind of support is that? Answer-none.

Grog1947

Jump to solution

I have tried the unplug/replug recommendation and the popup screen no longer appears.  However, when the Roku main screen comes on, that is frozen and the control paddle will not work.  Every time now that I want to use Roku (I have a Roku 3), I have to unplug, wait and plug in the unit in order to be able to use the system.

Barbie21

Jump to solution

CANT go to home, settings or ANYTHING!  Frozen on page saying new features! Your device just got better!  Help!!

Jump to solution

still frozen

davidajready
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hello,

I have already posted that I also have the issue with the device freezing after inactivity  and requiring the  power plug removed and reinserted.

This is classic memory-leak behavior and indicates that the coding is sub standard.

Can I get reverted to an earlier version than 10.5.0 for my Roku 3?

susan61

HOW TO REMOVE ROKU os 10.5 AD FROM SCREEN TO GET TO ROKU HOME PAGE

Jump to solution

PLEASE HELP ME X OUT OF ROKU OS 10.5 AD TO GET TO MY ROKU HOME PAGE WITH MY CONTROLLER. THANK YOU

AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: HOW TO REMOVE ROKU os 10.5 AD FROM SCREEN TO GET TO ROKU HOME PAGE

Jump to solution

@susan61 

I believe you just have to use the arrow keys (right and down) to either accept or decline the new features tour.  However, for those that experienced issues, simply unplugging the device's power will force a reboot of the Roku  and should remove this notification screen.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

jccoram

Jump to solution

I have tried everything unpluging a few times reseting the cables nothing seems to work 

the box its self just shuts off at times and I have to reset it but it still is frozen.

*on one tv, another keeps telling me to press ok for full screen but I never get to the home screen.

our smart tv, still seems to work. 

need help on how to fix this. 

feel like I am paying for nothing