Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MARS-01
Channel Surfer

Annoying message appears at start-up

Every time I start my Insignia TV, the following message pops up.  I cannot shut off the message.  The Roku remote does not respond.  I have to wait for it to go away after about one minute.  I then reappears for shorter duration.  As shown by the 2nd pic, There are no external speakers or headphones set-up.

92E881DF-B59C-4698-A3BC-DB980D9CD363.jpeg

9228BAE2-6EE3-4F35-ABB0-3C3398DDFF1F.jpeg

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Annoying message appears at start-up

@MARS-01

Thanks for the post and inquiry.

Is this TV a Roku TV? It looks like this message is being generated by the TV itself and is not related to Roku. We would recommend reaching out the TV manufacturer to inquire further as they would best be able to assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
MARS-01
Channel Surfer

Hi Danny,

The Insignia tv is NOT a Roku TV.  I have an HDMI plug in Roku device.  No such message appeared when I used the Spectrum Cable unit on the same TV.  I think you (ROKU) should reach out to Insignia TV to figure it out.  My guess is there are thousands of others out there dealing with the same issue.  

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@MARS-01 

You can be certain that Roku will not be reaching out to Insignia to determine why your TV is producing this popup message.  Whether or not this appeared previously, it is certainly a TV issue and not caused by your Roku device.  Sometimes things are just a coincidence.

As such, try selecting the "Headphones/Audio Out" selection in the above Audio Settings Menu and see what options are available/enabled that may be triggering this message.  Otherwise, post your model number of the Insignia and will see what else we can come up with.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
MARS-01
Channel Surfer

Insignia model is NS-24D310NA19

firmware  revb_06886800120190327

0 Kudos
MARS-01
Channel Surfer

This happens when running the Spectrum TV app.  Tv is in the kitchen so only use for local news, etc.   never use for Roku, Netflix, etc.  

0 Kudos
Strega
Roku Guru

So, based on reading the screens, the TV has something plugged into the audio out (or perhaps thinks it does because the little contact which senses that has a problem?) And it wants you to make a decision about how to treat that.

You say the Roku remote won't respond but I can't see how that could be.  I mean at least for controlling the Roku – I wouldn't expect the Roku remote to be able to change anything in a TV menu – you would use the TV remote for that – the Roku remote's ability to control volume, mute and power won't help with a TV menu. So when that comes up, press select or OK on the TV remote and continue along.

If there's nothing plugged into any audio ports, plugging something in and removing it might help.  (No guarantees, of course.)

MARS-01
Channel Surfer

Good thoughts.  The TV remote will get rid of the pop up.   Not gonna stand for now having 2 remotes.  Gonna get rid of both and get a smart tv that can run the Spectrum App.   Much appreciate your insights.   

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@MARS-01 

Have you verified that you are not plugged into HDMI(1)/ARC port.  If so, try plugging into one of the other HDMI ports.  Some Insignia TVs also have a seperate ARC setting that you can enable/disable in the Audio Settings if you have to use the HDMI ARC port (no others available.)

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102