Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku won't connect , RESET, RESTART, MANY TIMES. SPORADIC

@TonyMaiello, if you have Comcast/Xfinity or Cox as your ISP ensure your wireless mode is set to b/g/n and not g/n.  For Comcast/Xfinity:

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/change-wifi-mode-admin-tool-xfinity-xfi

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
TonyMaiello
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku won't connect , RESET, RESTART, MANY TIMES. SPORADIC

Yea it’s set to that already SMH 

0 Kudos
ladesmond

my devices will connect to my wifi.

For the past 4 days neither of my devices will connect to my wifi. It sees the wifi, shows the strength as "excellent" but won't connect. I've disconnected them, restarted them, restarted my modem and nothing. I bought 5 rokus for Christmas presents and will be returning them tomorrow.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: my devices will connect to my wifi.

Hey @ladesmond

We're sorry to hear about the issue you're experiencing.

If you are getting an error code or message, refer to this link for common Roku error codes and their recommended actions: How to connect your Roku device to the internet using Wi-Fi or Ethernet

Furthermore, if the affected devices are Roku Express or Roku Premiere, please note that they are only compatible with wireless b/g/n networks on the 2.4 GHz spectrum. Ensure that your router is broadcasting a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network for the device to connect to. You can check your device model by navigating to Settings > System > About.

You can also try configuring your router and use wireless channels 1, 6, or 11 which are the preferred channels in North America. Each time you change the wireless channel, you will likely need to apply/save changes before you are prompted to restart the router.

Please keep us posted!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: my devices will connect to my wifi.

@ladesmond, if you have Comcast/Xfinity or Cox as your ISP ensure your wireless mode is set to b/g/n and not g/n.  For Comcast/Xfinity:

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/change-wifi-mode-admin-tool-xfinity-xfi

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: unable to connect to wireless network

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

As previously stated, in order for us to better understand the issue you are experiencing, we will need more detailed information about the issue you are seeing:

-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing
-when did this issue start to occur

With more specific information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
mydogZorro

Re: I lost wireless connection - need help

Hi I can't connect to wireless internet??

0 Kudos