Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bvenini31
Level 7

Roku won’t connect to internet

Hi I’ve tried connecting my Roku to my Wi-Fi but it will not connect we’ve had the Roku for about a year and then I went out and got a new one thinking the system broke.  

this one won’t connect either. I reset everything including the Wi-Fi and the Roku and even turned off network pings but nothing is working any suggestions?

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6\
Tdavis
Level 7

Re: Roku won’t connect to internet

I to am having this same issue i even updated the tv and still nothing is working, is there someone we can message to assist in this situation 

0 Kudos
bvenini31
Level 7

I have no clue! I’m about ready to return it and get a fire stick at this point 😂🤷🏻‍♂️. I’ve tried everything at this point. Watched every YouTube video possible as well as reading every article and still can’t fix it. 

0 Kudos
HDMIGuy
Level 11

@bvenini31                               

What Roku device do you have?  Some Roku devices will not connect to 5GHz.

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@bvenini31  and  @Tdavis 

Post your Roku model numbers (settings...system...about), your Router model numbers, and your ISP (internet provider) along with some more details of your issues (error codes, etc) and what you have tried specifically so far.

More than likely just a network/router setting and hopefully can get you both back up and streaming.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insigna RokuTV, Ultra 4660x, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941
0 Kudos
mpiano
Level 7

My Roku Express won't connect! It's brand- new, it wouldn't accept my wifi password, I rebooted it and the router several times, then ended up changing my wifi password, and all of a sudden it worked - for about 48 hours. Now it won't connect anymore! I can't get in touch with anyone at the company, does anyone know what to do?

0 Kudos
MilesT
Level 12

Roku express only supports 2.4ghz WiFi. Many ISP now remotely turning this off to "improve service".  When you reset your router it probably briefly turned on.

Try enabling on router web admin pages, or get your ISP to enable 2.4 and leave enabled!

0 Kudos