Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: ROKU TV Suddenly won't connect to Internet - no problem before now

Jump to solution

Do you mean as in changing it from HDMI1 to HDMI 2

0 Kudos
kmrsy
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I've tried everything multiple times. Seeing your post, well, HOW do I change a wi-fi channel? Maybe that would work if I knew how, where this can be done.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

The WiFi channel is changed in your router/access point. And if it's under the control of an ISP like Comcast, you can't change it yourself. You have to request them to make the change. For 2.4 GHz, the channel should be 1, 6 or 11. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
kmrsy
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I had the same problem. One of you suggested changing the wi-fi channel. I searched  how to do that and ended up at Xfinity - my provider.  They had a solution that I wasn't able to utilize so I called Comcast.

The solution?  Comcast just simply changed my wi-fi password and the connection was made. That's all it took.  Makes no sense, but I'm back in business?

0 Kudos
anode505
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

It doesn't make sense.  But if it works......

The password is hashed and salted with the SSID (wifi name).  Changing SSID I would think would work too, since either will change the hash.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Mine is not working. We were watching tv on Hulu earlier and then it just disconnected and won’t reconnect. Help

0 Kudos
21_Apc
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

We just bought a regular tv from someone and they gave us the RUKO to go with it, it hasn’t been connecting to the internet of course, but using what you said here, it popped up with the “secret screen” as it’s called and gave me 4 options, it has connected to my wifi before it says it’s not connected, so I am updating the system as I am thinking it’s running just a little bit behind. This was very helpful!! And if it doesn’t work I will try a factory reset! Thank you for posting this!

0 Kudos
Miriam12

Jump to solution

I think we all just need to boy-cot Roku and start using Amazon fire sticks. This is completely ridiculous.  All I wanted to do this evening is relax and watch a good movie after a really long day and I have spent the last hour and a half trying to get it to connect to the internet. Roku should be on top of this!!! 

0 Kudos
kmrsy
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I don't think Amazon is the answer to everything.  I have a Roku ticket  in place now but have yet to hear from them.  I want to see this fixed by Roku as I was thinking of expanding my system w Roku speakers. Until this gets fixed I will use the Comcast Flex box. It was free, comes w Peacock Plus and I got a Black Friday deal of 99 cents per month for Hulu. So I'm doing ok with that for now. But I'd still like to see the Roku connection working.

0 Kudos
kmrsy
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Roku suggested that I get Comcast to assign two separate network names for my 5g and  my 2.4g. Comcast says they can't do that and they can't change the channels for either one. I'm wondering just how big this problem is and when it stared for everyone and if it's just attributable to certain providers.

0 Kudos