Lights & power

Add Roku lights and smart plugs to your smart home. Learn how it works with virtual assistants, get troubleshooting tips, and find resources from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roku Smart Bulb Showing Offline

Jump to solution

My smartlight color bulb is saying “light offline” anytime i try to change color i cant do anything, unscrewed it for 10 seconds, ive tried a different light fixture. Nothing is working i am extremely frustrated 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuJessica-G
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: roku smartbulb light offline

Jump to solution

Hi @Hailierooot,

We understand that you're Roku Smart Bulb is showing offline. No worries, we're here to help you.

We would first recommend restarting your Roku Smart bulb by turning off the bulb manually with the light switch and then turning it back on three times to see if that helps the issue you are experiencing. We also suggest restarting the app on your mobile device using the following instructions.

1. Close the app on your mobile device
    • iOS: Swipe up (or double tap the Home button on older devices) and then swipe the app to close it
    • Android: Swipe up (or press the Recents button on older devices) and then swipe the app to close it
  2. Re-launch the smart home app and try again

If that doesn't work, we would recommend trying to perform a factory reset on the Roku Smart Home device by manually removing the bulb from the app and adding it.

To add back the bulb, you can follow the steps mentioned in the following article.: How to set up your Roku Smart Bulb SE

We hope this information helps. Please let us know if you need further assistance. 

Best regards,
Jess

Jessica G.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2

Roku Smart Bulb Showing Offline

Jump to solution

I bought a color bulb, and when I tried connecting, we didn't have wifi, so it did not work; we have wifi now, but it will not update. I took it off the home page thinking I could reset setting it up, but now it's completely gone and I cannot get the device back on my page; this is ridiculous 

0 Kudos
RokuJessica-G
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: roku smartbulb light offline

Jump to solution

Hi @Hailierooot,

We understand that you're Roku Smart Bulb is showing offline. No worries, we're here to help you.

We would first recommend restarting your Roku Smart bulb by turning off the bulb manually with the light switch and then turning it back on three times to see if that helps the issue you are experiencing. We also suggest restarting the app on your mobile device using the following instructions.

1. Close the app on your mobile device
    • iOS: Swipe up (or double tap the Home button on older devices) and then swipe the app to close it
    • Android: Swipe up (or press the Recents button on older devices) and then swipe the app to close it
  2. Re-launch the smart home app and try again

If that doesn't work, we would recommend trying to perform a factory reset on the Roku Smart Home device by manually removing the bulb from the app and adding it.

To add back the bulb, you can follow the steps mentioned in the following article.: How to set up your Roku Smart Bulb SE

We hope this information helps. Please let us know if you need further assistance. 

Best regards,
Jess

Jessica G.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos