Issue Tracking Board

Status updates, outage reports, fixes, and workarounds. Subscribe to a thread be notified of updates!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: YoutubeTV Fast Forward Freezes

Hi @ngbasch,

From the Roku Community, a warm welcome and thanks for keeping us posted!

We understand you are having a problem with the YouTube channel. We're happy to assist you further. Can you please provide the following information below?

• When did the issue start?
  • What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far?

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jay99
Channel Surfer

Yesterday while watching a recorded “Jeopardy”  on YTTV I fast forwarded through the last commercials and it froze.  I couldn’t get it back even after turning off the TV.  This morning I watched the same show without any freezing or buffering. Very confusing.

0 Kudos
ngbasch
Reel Rookie

Hi John,

The issue I'm having is with YouTubeTV (not YouTube that I know of) and it began mid-April. I have tried restarting the app but most recently did a full factory reset of my Roku streambar. This still has not fixed the problem.

Jrodzen

I've been having exactly the same problem for the last couple weeks on my Roku Streambar. If I try to fast forward through any recordings on YoutubeTV it freezes and I can't advance or go back to the start of the recording. I really hope Roku or YT fixes this or I'm canceling YT TV

0 Kudos
donald4972
Channel Surfer

I also have exact same issue, arising recently, with YouTube TV freezing, continually buffering, with Roku Streambar! Earlier post described my issues perfectly !!!

0 Kudos
Jay99
Channel Surfer

If you have a Roku stream stick you can turn your Roku streambar into a soundbar.  Here’s how:  Turn off TV. Unplug power to the streambar.  Plug HDMI cord on stream stick into HDMI (not ARC) port on TV and into power outlet.  Plug  HDMI on streambar in the HDMI ARC port on TV.  Remove batteries from the remote.  Turn on TV with TV remote and change  TV input to HDMI where you put the stream stick. Replace batteries in remote and pair with the stream stick.  Make sure you can control TV ( without audio and no buffering) with remote.  Make sure TV speakers are turned off. Plug in power to the streambar. After about 20 seconds the light should turn green and audio should start.  Test the TV for buffering and freezing. When you turn off the TV you may lose the streambar audio. Turn on TV and reboot the streambar.  After you restart power, audio should return after about 20 seconds. This is not a permanent solution but I’ll reboot streambar each day or so until Roku comes up with a fix.

ektel0n
Reel Rookie

Same exact problem for me. Well described in earlier posts. I’m using a Roku streambar pro. Issue seems to be limited to YouTube TV when fast forwarding recorded shows. I have not experienced any other issues on any other apps. I’m not sure if it’s specific to Roku, or if it’s specific to YouTube TV, or is it a combination of both? Based on this thread, it appears it’s a combination of both, everyone mentions streambar pro. 

This issue started 7-10 days ago for me and it is annoying enough of a problem that it will result in me shopping new product. Hoping a solution comes soon. 

ektel0n
Reel Rookie

In addition to my post a few minutes ago…. I tested the YouTube TV app via my iPhone. I had zero issues with the iPhone. It allowed me to resume watching from where I last stopped watching (because Roku got stuck in the spinning circle of death). iPhone had no issues picking up and resuming the show. 

I then told my iPhone to cast the YouTube TV to my Roku streambar pro and Roku again was stuck 😞

so from this simple test, I now believe the issue is more specific to the Roku Streambar Pro and less specific to YouTube TV. 

stevebus
Channel Surfer

So, to summarize, as best I can tell from my own testing and the reports of others, the issue:

- is specific to the combination of the Streambar and YouTubeTV.  YTTV doesn’t have the issue on other platforms (including other Roku form factors), and other apps don’t have an issue on the Streambar

- happens on “that day’s recordings”.  Doesn’t happen, at least for me, if I wait a day before watching a recording..   If I go back to a recording that experienced the problem the next day, or wait a day on a new recording, I can successfully FF through it

- appears to be a regression bug in either the latest version of the Streambar firmware, the YTTV app, or the combo of both.

Anyone experiencing any different behavior?

If not, hopefully this can help the Roku engineering team isolate the problem.  It is VERY easily reproducible.  Pretty much an “at will” repo….

misto23
Reel Rookie

Again, as mentioned in my posts, my problem is similar but with the regular YouTube channel on the Roku Streambar. I don't use the YouTube TV channel.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.