Issue Tracking Board

Status updates, outage reports, fixes, and workarounds. Subscribe to a thread be notified of updates!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: [0S 12.0] Audio out of sync on Xfinity channel

Hi @gk802 @DLTDLT,

Thanks for sharing your observation.

Please be advised that we are currently aware of the issue and our appropriate team is working diligently to resolve the issue.

In the meantime, if you are having a sound that is out of sync with your Roku device when playing content with Xfinity Stream. Please help us with the required details requested from my previous post so we can send additional information for further investigation to our engineering team.

We appreciate your patience while we investigate this issue and we look forward to your responses and gathering your details.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
slithery1
Reel Rookie

Exacrly what happens on all four of my Roku devices. Excellent description, and yes it happens multiple time every morning watching Squawk Box.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @slithery1,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Thanks for taking a moment to post about the issue you are currently experiencing. We would be more than happy to look further into this issue but will need more details. Can you please provide us with the following information: 

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

We are working diligently to attend to your concern as soon as we can and we are looking forward to your response.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
slithery1
Reel Rookie

Hi, Mary. The out-of-synch issue occurs on my several devices and on at least several channels: CNBC, Fox News, Bloomberg, and our several local channels (ABC/NBC/CBS affiliates). The issue is much as RkuUser62 describes above, except in my case it happens often, maybe every few minutes? Exiting to the Xfinity app home screen and going back to my program works, but only for +/- several minutes before things go to **bleep** again.

This problem is completely new. I’ve been using the Xfinity Streaming app for the past couple of years, including the one marked as a beta version, and I never had this problem before maybe 3-4 weeks ago?

You asked for info on the Roku units. Here are two of them.

LR
Model 4802X - Roku Ultra
SN X01000F844E4
Device ID S0DA228844E4
Software 12.0.0 - build 4184-C2

Kit
Model 4630X - Roku Premiere+
SN YR00AF664093
Device ID 7KA6AA664093
Software 12.0.0 - build 4184-29

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @slithery1,

Thanks for providing all the information we requested and we're sorry for the inconvenience.

We'll go ahead and send this over to the team for further investigation. We'll get back to you once we have an update.

We're hoping to get everything sorted out soon and appreciate you bearing with us in the meantime.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
lucas_jim
Binge Watcher

I have been having the same problem which only started recently.  I decided to log into my Xfinity/Comcast modem and check my modem settings to see how I have my Xfinity WiFi configured.  I don't know if this has anything to do with the issue we all seem to be having but I noticed that my WiFi configuration for my modem was changed. This seems to correlate with the introduction of Xfinity's XFi app.  If I remember correctly, I had manually picked my modem channel for 2.4 GHz to be channel 7 or 9 to alleviate channel congestion and possible channel contention - it is now set to channel 1 automatically by Xfinity.  Is everyone set to channel 1?  That could be a problem.  When I went to change it (which I used to be able to do) I found out that I no longer have the ability to do that.  To do that now, Xfinity directs me to their Xfi app for which they charge $15.00/month for an app that I probably would only use perhaps once every six months.  So, Xfinity has basically taken away our ability to configure our Xfinity modems to change the WiFi channels we use (or even our Wifi passwords) unless we're willing to pay extra.  Anyway, as an expermient, I decided to set up my Netgear router which is hooked up to the Xfinity modem so that 2.4 GHz is now transmitted through my house on channel 9.  Will this help?  Honestly, I doubt it. If Xfinity's streaming app doesn't handle audio sync effectively or Xfinity's modem is losing packets (or sending corrupted packets to my Netgear router) then I'm guessing that this configuration change probably won't fix this problem.  I'll let you all know.  More to come....

richtemp
Reel Rookie

I also have this problem on all 3 of my Roku devices.  This is obviously not a hardware specific issue but an app construction issue that most likely can only be resolved by the apps developer. Please direct your resources to them to resolve ASAP. Failure to do so will cause loss of customers for BOTH of your companies at the minimum depending on if there is malice invoved. 

Arundel
Channel Surfer

I tried a test for the past week using another streaming device/stick and there were no issues on the non-roku device…. . One interesting finding… there is ~20 second delay on the roku platform vs. the other streaming device. (I tested with two tv’s side by side) very very interesting on the delay with the roku device.

net/net: there does seem to be issues with the xfinity ap on just the roku…

0 Kudos
mholz
Reel Rookie

I am also having the out of sync problem on 3 of my roku sticks.   I also have a problem where the volume will all of a sudden change to about twice the level.

DLTDLT
Channel Surfer

I went out and bought a Fire stick and so far 3 hours no out of sync audio to video and no volume issues so far. Like others said, I think this all happened when they went to XFi and updated router. Not 100% in that. I’ll keep up to date if this stays steady… if so our other 2 TVs will go the same way unless some solution happens early next week. Bought the 4K fire stick btw. Again, this is specific to xfinity live TV… all others like NetFlix never had the issue… weird