Issue Tracking Board

Status updates, outage reports, fixes, and workarounds. Subscribe to a thread be notified of updates!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
foobar2020
Reel Rookie

Re: [0S 12.0] Audio out of sync on Xfinity channel

xfinity has a monopoly on cable, thanks to Congress of the USA.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @DLTDLT,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you informing us about the behavior you are experiencing when playing content on Xfinity Stream. We're sorry if you are having this issue and Roku aims to make your streaming experience an exceptional one.

Please be advised that we are currently aware and our engineering team has been investigating this issue closely.

In the meantime, please help us with the required details I posted above so we can send additional information for the investigation to our engineering team, and once more information is available I'll be sure to let the Community know.

We look forward to your responses and gathering your details.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RkuUser62
Reel Rookie

I also am having this issue on multiple devices.  I'm currently using 3 Roku Devices.  A Westinghouse Roku TV which started having sync issues immediately after updating to 12.0, a streaming stick 4k + which also has issues starting immediately after updating to 12.0, and a TCL Roku TV which is still on 11.5 and working fine.

To replicate the issue I start watching a live TV channel on the Xfinity Stream app.  Typically occurs when I am watching CNBC, but that is just what I typically watch.  The channel will work fine for some period of time and then suddenly the video will freeze momentarily while the audio continues and they are out of sync from that point forward.  There does not seem to be any pattern as to when that occurs.  Sometimes after a few minutes, sometimes and hour or two.  To recover I just hit the back button exiting the channel and then select the channel again, which causes everything to be in sync again.

From the last time this occurred (this morning):

Westinghouse Model WR24HX2210

Hardware ID:  DE01X

OS Version: 12.0.0 build 4182-D5

Serial Number: X00700WDK7J

Tracker ID: 7J-189-678

0 Kudos
RkuUser62
Reel Rookie

Oh, I forgot to mention that the version of the Xfinity App I am using is the latest available, 6.11 build 0, on all three TVs.

0 Kudos
DLTDLT
Channel Surfer

Exactly what happens… I hope we get a resolve soon!!! Crazy and wife is getting frustrated!!!

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @RkuUser62,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We appreciate you letting us know about this issue. Thanks for providing all the information needed to investigate the audio out-of-sync issue with Xfinity Stream and we're sorry for the inconvenience.

We'll go ahead and send this over to the appropriate Roku team. We'll get back to you once we have an update.

Thank you for your kind understanding while we investigate this issue.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

STILL issues with all Rokus and Xfinity app. Audio/Video sync issues, and volume changing issue

This has been going on for MANY, MANY months now. Using Xfinity app on all my Roku's (Ultra, 3, 3). Having both known Xfinity issues. One were the audio/video goes out of sync. The other the volume will jump to super loud right in the middle of watching something. There are complaints all over this forum, and Xfinity forums, but NO FIXES. It is UNWATCHABLE. .. Is it time for me to throw all my Rokus in the trash?? 

Strega
Roku Guru

Re: STILL issues with all Rokus and Xfinity app. Audio/Video sync issues, and volume changing issue

Keep in mind that the Xfinity app is Xfinity’s.  They probably won’t be overly concerned about what you do with someone else’s hardware.  In fact, they’ll probably be delighted if that causes you to use theirs.  You might want to hang on to your Rokus for the next time Xfinity breaks on whatever you use next. 

0 Kudos
gk802
Roku Guru

A second device (3810X) updated from 11.5 to 12.0 (build 4184-50) over the weekend.  Now seeing the sync problem on that device.  I notice it also seems to be occasionally losing audio completely - this issue occurs repeatedly when the broadcast stream returns after periods where Xfinity inserts its own ads.  In both cases, the issue is resolved by exiting and reselecting the stream. 

DLTDLT
Channel Surfer

Yes, the only quick fix is going out and launching the channel again… pain. Should not be happening. Soon as some gets all the channels Xfinity carries I’ll switch to them and ditch Xfinity if they are the problem. Just switched to streaming 6 months ago and was happy at first. Roku/Xfinity have to figure this out soon!!!

0 Kudos