Issue Tracking Board

Status updates, outage reports, fixes, and workarounds. Subscribe to a thread be notified of updates!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Arundel
Channel Surfer

Re: [0S 12.0] Audio out of sync on Xfinity channel

Here you go…..

Device Model: 3920X

S/N: YH00FH535009

SW Version: 12.0.0 Build 4181-91

Device ID: K4219F535009

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Arundel,

Thanks for keeping in touch and providing the additional information.

We'll send this over to the Roku team for investigation. We'll get back to you once an update is available I'll be sure to update this Community thread

We're hoping to get everything sorted out soon and appreciate you bearing with us in the meantime.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Xfinity Stream Audio/Video Synch Issues

Hi @TVhead100,

Thank you for reporting this issue to Roku Community!

We understand that you are having an issue with the sound that is out of sync with playing content on the Xfinity channel.

Please be advised that we are currently aware and our engineering team has been investigating this issue closely.

In the meantime, please help us with the required details below so we can send additional information for the investigation to our engineering team, and once more information is available I'll be sure to let the Community know:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

We appreciate your patience while we investigate this issue and We look forward to your responses for gathering your details.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Arundel
Channel Surfer

Question…. Is Xfinity stopping development on the Roke streaming ap and moving their tech resources to their proprietary streaming box so they can sell those in the future? Are they committed to the relationship with Roku?

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Arundel,

Thanks for the follow-up question.

For this inquiry, you'll want to contact the Xfinity Stream channel support directly to inquire further about that channel's features and functionality on Roku. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves.

You can reach Xfinity Support here: https://www.xfinity.com/support/contact-us

If you have any other questions or concerns, please let us know.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
f2bme
Channel Surfer

@Arundel and @RokuMary-F   While I believe Mary's response is the most appropriate suggestion for the Xfinity Streaming app issue experienced on Roku devices, I also believe Xfinity's (Comcast's) primary objective is to issue as many set-top boxes as possible to collect an additional $10/month rental fee from its subscribers. This is the main reason why Comcast will not address the Xfinity streaming app issue.  Incidentally, when contacting Comcast about the Xfinity streamng app issue on Roku devices, they directed me back to Roku.  Q.E.D. 

ravensrku
Binge Watcher

Re: Xfinity Stream Audio/Video Synch Issues

If you have a Roku remote with a microphone button, say "Get Tracker ID” as an alternative to pressing the Home and Back buttons.

DLTDLT
Channel Surfer

Re: [0S 12.0] Audio out of sync

I have the same issue with sound out of sync on 2 different TVs and Roku. I have tried all and even reset and still happens. I also loss adjusting volume sometimes. Battery shows good. Not very consistent for sure. Not sure what to do. My Roku are only a year old. But odd happening on both tv Roku. Any suggestions???

0 Kudos
DLTDLT
Channel Surfer

If I watch Netflix I don’t seem to have the issue… wife is getting frustrated and if no update soon she will go directly to Xfinity again. I have had 2 updates pop up this week from the Roku..l no fix though. I might try and reset tv and Roku to factory but should not have to do this. I did our living room and still happening.

0 Kudos
DLTDLT
Channel Surfer

Is everyone have issues with the same Roku device. I have the 4K boxes. If we bought the stick or a later model are they still having this issue?? Just curious if it’s happening with all your devices.

0 Kudos