Issue Tracking Board

Status updates, outage reports, fixes, and workarounds. Subscribe to a thread be notified of updates!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jocko1
Reel Rookie

Re: [0S 12.0] Audio out of sync on Xfinity channel

This has been happening for months and none of your suggestions like rebooting, changing audio settings, etc. solve it. You (Roku) at least now acknowledge that it can only be fixed through a software modification (yours). My question is simple; WHAT'S TAKING SO LONG!

adpwl1
Binge Watcher

@RokuTakashi check my posts.  I have posted numerous times the tracker ID.  

How many do u need before someone acknowledges the issue or really wants to work with is end-users to trouble shoot?   I would post tracker IDs daily if u need.  

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
adpwl1
Binge Watcher

I've been pretty vocal on here and so have a number of others.  I see that 90% of the posts are just confirming what all of us already know, there is a problem.  Can those that are new to this and gonna post, PLEASE PLEASE provide a Tracker ID when this problem occurs.  Its as simple as....

• Tracker ID when this issue occurs. (When you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID)

Then just snap a photo and add that to this post.  If Roku needs this info to fix the problem, lets flood this post with everything they need.  Please!!  I did this for about a week, I'm prepared to do it again this week and next.

0 Kudos
Streamer91
Reel Rookie

Hi Kash,

The problem described in this post (audio out of sync with the picture) happens ONLY when streaming Xfinity and on ALL Xfinity channels.  It happens on EVERY Roku device in the house.  We have (2) 3810X Roju streaming sticks,  (1) WR002 4k+ streaming stick and (1) 3820x2 4k streaming stick.  

I tested this with over 10 different streaming services (Roku, netflix, dis+, etc..) and it ONLY happens on Xfinity app.  The problem started months ago (I think it was last Fall) and we never had the problem before that.

Leaving the app and returning resyncs, but only for a short time and the audio drifts out of sync again. 

This problem is 100% reproducible on the Roku sticks I listed, running the latest Roku software, while streaming the latest Xfinity app.

This is the second time I've posted this information to someone who identified themself as a Moderator in this thread in the last week.  

ravensrku
Binge Watcher

@RokuTakashi  If you have a Roku remote with a microphone button, say "Get Tracker ID” as an alternative to pressing Home and Back buttons.

I've submitted several reports the past 2.5 months, investigate those and others who've done the same and please give us some answers instead of the same form post.

ravensrku
Binge Watcher

No software updates available. Software OS/version 12.0.0 (build 4184-C2)

Roku device model 4800X - Roku Ultra

sn: X01000XT6F7J, device ID S02A20DT6F7J

GC Version 9.4.521

Tracker ID 7J-285-144

Happens on all channels l watch, mainly BBC & MSNBC, in Xfinity Stream App Version 6.12: build 0

>I’m also experiencing a drop in audio & video on all channels and other Apps 5-8 times an hour that lasts 1-2 seconds.<

Steps to reproduce the issue: watch TV via Roku then switch to Fire Stick for a working version. 🔥

0 Kudos
lucas_jim
Binge Watcher

Well, I've replaced the 3 Rolu devices in my home with Firesticks (4K Max) and I don't have the problem any longer.  I watch MSNBC through the Xfinity streaming app where I would continually lose audio sync using the Rokus.  Now, with the Firesticks - NOT ONE OCCURRENCE!  So, whether it's the Rokus or something in the Xfinity streaming app that the Rokus can't effectively handle, I no longer have the problem.  And since this is now the second major problem that Roku has had in the last 12 - 18 months, I'm done with Roku.  I'm tired of being inconvenienced because Roku never offers a software/firmware rollback method to a version that doesn't have a problem whenever they introduce a new release with problems.  They just expect us to wait which I personally don't believe is the right way to treat a customer.

Tommied
Channel Surfer

Well said !! Heads up Roku and Anthony Wood CEO, your loosing customers left and right, keep an eye on your valuations as your market share slips away. It's the small things that fester into Big Problems !!!

0 Kudos
mamalou430

Re: [0S 12.0] Audio out of sync

I have the same problem so I went and bought a new smart Roku tv and the same thing is still happening. I’ve been in touch with xfinity and they told me they are aware and that Roku and xfinity are working on the issue.   Please hurry.  

0 Kudos
Leeza41_
Binge Watcher

Well, I thought the problem was fixed. Dang I'm stupid! Watching on my Roku TV MSNBC Morning Joe through the Xfinity app. Everything  was running smooth until a glitch in a commercial screwed up and continued through to the continuous of MSNBC. The audio does a babbling fast forward to catch up. I haven't had to back out of program and restart but still video and audio going out of sync. It's trying to correct itself. Problem with live TV and commercials? Quick fix would be get rid of commercials I went out and bought a firestick tv 4k+ max with wifi 6. Its working fine but I have 1 TCL 4k TV and 3 4k+ Roku sticks. Here it goes again. Audio running very fast forward to catch up and did catch up till next dang time. Here goes another commercial. Yes audio screwing up through commercial. I catch the brief glitch and it starts. Issue I.D 37-287-340.