Issue Tracking Board

Status updates, outage reports, fixes, and workarounds. Subscribe to a thread be notified of updates!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Johnlox
Channel Surfer

Re: [0S 12.0] Audio out of sync

Yeah, or maybe switch from Xfinity to YouTube tv. Maybe that’s what Roku wants us to do. How would we know—they’re not very communicative?

0 Kudos
Streamer91
Reel Rookie

Re: [0S 12.0] Audio out of sync on Xfinity channel

Hi @RokuMary-F, I have the same issue on (4) different roku streaming sticks (xfinity app audio out of sync after short time).  You asked @rundel for list of devices exhibiting this behavior.  These are the devices I have the same issue on: 3810X (2 of these), WR002-4k+ and 3820X2 4k.  

RokuAnjelie
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Community users,

Thanks for the posts regarding audio sync with the Xfinity channel on your Roku device. 

Please be aware that we are still currently investigating this issue with the channel partner, and once more information is available, we will be sure to update this Community thread.

Your patience and understanding in the meantime are much appreciated.

Thanks,

Anjelie

Anjelie A.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
lucas_jim
Binge Watcher

Well,  as of today, July 10th, Rokus are no longer used for streaming in my home.  About 12-18 months ago Roku updated all our boxes, sticks and Roku Tvs with their 10.5 release which made those products unusable - they became bricks.  It took months for Roku to fix that problem.  Now they have audio sync issues with who knows how many streaming services or apps (I happen to have Xfinity streaming) which makes watching a program quite annoying.  It's now about 5-6 months that this problem is going on and there is still no resolution.  It's obvious that Roku does not do enough Beta testing before downloading a new software release.  And, they have shown that they really don't care how much this inconveniences their users.  If they did, they would make a backflash to an earlier version available for download until they can fix the problem in their latest version.  But they don't.  So, I took an Amazon Firestick and put it on one tv and the problem went away.  So, I bought a second Firestick (the 4K stick with support for Wifi 6), put it on another tv and again, no audio sync problems.  So, today I went online and ordered yet another 4K Firestick (my girlfriend has a Prime account so it only cost $28.00).  Three active tvs in my house and they all now have Firesticks and there are no problems.  Like I said in an earlier post, any wifi range problems I thought I would have with the Firesticks have obviously been fixed and greatly improved.  Roku, I have been a loyal user for years but you just don't know how to release functional software.  I could tolerate a problem with a new release if you provided a recovery method when customers run into problems but you never do.  Sorry Roku but I have to break up with you.  Goodbye.

mholz
Reel Rookie

Well since I see so many replies that a Firestick seems to fix problem and its Amazon Prime days I guess I’ll have to jump in also

adpwl1
Binge Watcher

@mholz , I took your idea and saw that the Firestick 4K Max was on sale for $24 and decided to buy one to try it out.  My only issue is going to be that my two TV's are Roku TV's so I need to figure out the remote situation.

@lucas_jim and everyone else on this thread, I attempted to email Scott deHaas, who is the VP of Engineering and Operations, and like my favoriate Phil Collins lyric..."no reply at all".  A lot of you have commented since RokuOS 12 dropped this has been happening, I would argue it occured with the release of 11.5.  What makes no sense to me is how inconsistent this issue is.  Some days I can't even watch TV, then I can go a number of days without an issue.  If its of any consolation, both my TV's are using eARC for sound... Are people seeing this with just their built-in TV Speakers?

There are a number of us very technical people that have complained, you would think Roku would engage us to do some testing of a new OS/settings/app.... something!!!  I guess the fact Roku stock is up 85% YTD doesn't really give much motivation to fix anything.  If you can make money with broken stuff, why dedicated $$ and resources to fix stuff.

0 Kudos
slithery1
Reel Rookie

bought two fire stick 4K Max. I'll be terminating my ROKU account shortly. thank you for your patience.

👎👎👎

Johnlox
Channel Surfer

I just switched from Xfinity to YouTube TV. Problem solved and a much better user interface with YT TV than the Xfinity stream app (plus, no desyncing). Oh, and I told Xfinity about the desyncing issue. The rep didn't know about it (no big surprise), but said he was going to bring it up to his upper management. Who knows...

0 Kudos
lucas_jim
Binge Watcher

I think you made the right move.  This out of audio sync issue could go on for even more months.  And getting the Firestick 4K Max was the right purchase.  I find the Wifi range of this device has improved significantly from previous firesticks which was my main concern.  The navigation will obviously be different but I think you will adjust to it pretty quickly.  When you first install the new Firestick, it will prompt you to put it on your wifi network and then it will do an automatic update.  That will take about 10 minutes.  After everything is updated and loads you can go to the app store and download other apps you might find useful.  The first app I downloaded was the Downloader.  Have fun.  No more audio sync issues!!!!

0 Kudos
goatmouth

Re: [0S 12.0] Audio out of sync on Xfinity channel

4 Roku at residence, lip sync issues on all ONLY with using Xfinity Stream app. . Latest OS, No external stereo hookup. No audio sync issues with any other apo/channel. Deeply frustrating. 

0 Kudos