Issue Tracking Board

Status updates, outage reports, fixes, and workarounds. Subscribe to a thread be notified of updates!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Texaggie79
Reel Rookie

Re: [0S 12.0] Audio out of sync on Xfinity channel

Having the same issue on a Roku Premier on our living room tv. The audio also occasionally becomes very loud and distorted and I have to change channels to get it to stop. The xfinity app works fine on the firestick on my bedroom TV.

JimmyO
Streaming Star

Hi John,

I'm not asking you for a bug tracker.  I am asking Roku employees on this forum for confirmation of the issue, etc. as it has been going on for about 8 months now.  Comcast seems to be 
waiting for a response from Roku now.

JimmyO

0 Kudos
Tommied
Channel Surfer

Re: [0S 12.0] Audio out of sync

Kash, We've all been very loyal and patient , there has to be some kind of work around ? Is there a way to roll back the update, possibly with a usb drive and file ? We really need to get something going the "way of the customer !"

Thanks, Tommied

Johnlox
Channel Surfer

Thanks for clarifying.

0 Kudos
Johnlox
Channel Surfer

I’ll be trading in my Roku sticks for fire tv sticks soon, unfortunately. I would keep the Roku sticks if they simply told us the problem is being worked on. We need to know that resolution is coming. The lack of customer service is unfortunate.

Will14
Reel Rookie

So I just want to relate my experience, I have 2 Roku devices and I was experiencing the delay on both.  Costco had sale on a LG TV which included the Xfinity app so I bought one and guess what?, the delay occurred also when using the Xfinify app on the LG TV.  So I am thinking that the issue possibly is on the Xfinity side.

Will14
Reel Rookie

Unless the LG software shares a codebase with the Roku app 🙂

0 Kudos
JimmyO
Streaming Star

I have a Hisense RokuTV that has the same issue.  My Samsung TV has a separate Xfinity Stream app that does not have the issue.  This has all been discussed and presented to both vendors involved in this issue months ago.  You can use the Xfinity stream app on the Amazon Fire stick 4K with no issues.  This is an issue with the Xfinity Stream app on Roku OS in various hardware.

JimmyO

Texaggie79
Reel Rookie

Looks like the solution is to stop using roku

JimmyO
Streaming Star

I'll switch to YouTubeTV or some other provider to avoid the issue when my discounted bundle is up.