Issue Tracking Board

Status updates, outage reports, fixes, and workarounds. Subscribe to a thread be notified of updates!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Johnlox
Channel Surfer

Re: [0S 12.0] Audio out of sync on Xfinity channel

I just dumped my Xfinity boxes I had on three TVs and switched to the Xfinity Stream app via Roku 4K sticks to save money. Audio desyncs on all three TVs when using the Xfinity Stream app. After reading the responses here to this issue, I may be returning my three Roku devices and switching to Amazon FireTV. I would really like to keep the Roku sticks though. I hope someone is working on this. Would love a little transparency.

0 Kudos
Schellbell6678
Reel Rookie

i much prefer the Roku device to the Firestick.  I find it much easier to navigate around and user friendly.  That being said, this xfinity issue is a PIA.  It is a new problem so something went wrong with an update either on Roku's side or Xfinity.  From the sounds of things, it is Roku's fault so hopefully they get it together!

me2me2

I have 8 Roku TV's Every single one of them has the audio sync. It is happening right now.

Roku's transparency on this issue could have been far better as well as the response time.

After being a huge fan of Roku from their very first product, I expect better. Just tell us the truth, we are adults, we can handle the truth.

lucas_jim
Binge Watcher

Well, I'm done.  I hooked up a Firestick about a week ago and I haven't had any out-of sync audio issues when using the Xfinity Stream app. So I bought another one for another tv in the house and once again, no out of sync audio issues.  I have been using Roku for years and overall it has been a good experience.  But this is now the second time in 18 months where they have a problem that they can't seem to fix in a timely manner.  The first major problem was the version 10.5 issue which turned our Rokus into bricks and rendered Roku-based tvs useless.  To be honest, I wouldn't care if Roku periodically had a new version rollout problem as long as they provide a mechanism to backflash to a version that works - but they don't.  I get the impression that they don't do enough Beta testing before rolling out a new software/firmware version and I understand that testing is a resource drain and expensive.  But, if they want to cut corners testing, then have a backflash/restorative solution ready for your customers.  They don't seem to care.  Yes, there are navigational differences between a Roku and a Firestick and I was intially concerned about the wifi range of a Firestick but Amazon seems to have made major improvements.  And I will get used to the feel and the navigational differences - it's not that big a deal. It's a shame - I was a loyal Roku user.   Oh well....

mnbear

Re: [0S 12.0] Audio out of sync

This has been going on for some time for me as well.  How long can a company say, we know it is an issue and we are working on it and have no resolution.  I think we deserve to have an understanding of when we can anticipate this to be resolved or at least a better understanding of what the root cause is.  Just from this post, we are at two months of subpar service.

havinfun21
Channel Surfer

With the amount of time this problem has been going on... and only getting the response we are working on it... points to one thing...  they at first didn't jump on it.... and then starting looking at it... and at this point have no idea what is broken... otherwise they would provide some clarity of what the real issue is and what needs to be done to solve it. 

You cannot solve a problem, until you can completely understand what the problem is and what is specifically causing it... once the root cause or causes are known, then and only then can solutions be found.  If you are just trying to put band-aids on a problem you don't understand, you will never really solve the problem....   And... hopefully new eyes are looking at the problem too...

Albert Einstein once said "You cannot solve a problem with the mind that created it"..... time to get some new minds on the problem.... obvious the ones on it now are struggling.

Jocko1
Reel Rookie

I hate these responses that just ask a bunch more questions and just make suggestions that everyone knows won't work.

0 Kudos
JimmyO
Streaming Star

Hi RokuMary-F,

I first reported this issue in another area of your forum back in January 2023 after speaking with Xfinity support:

https://community.roku.com/t5/Channels-viewing/Known-issue-with-Xfinity-Stream-App-Roku-external-dev...

I can provide you with whatever additional technical details you would like for this issue since I have various Roku devices, WIFI streamer, most connected Cat6 wiring, etc.  I am standardized on Roku devices and have one Firestick 4K that is not experiencing the issue.  I have the same issues as reported by everyone else in this forum.....

Problem started in October 2022 after Xfinity Stream app went from Beta to Version 6.0 Build xx.  But I think Rolu OS also had a Version 11 update at that time as well.  Initial symptoms were audio distortion where it would go really high or really low and sometimes sound like a Star Trek alien scene :-).  I did not notice the audio/video out of synch until April-May timeframe after update to Roku OS 12.

I'm a techie in the IT industry for 30 years so I am happy to perform diagnostics and testing for Roku to get this resolved.  Can you also provide the bug tracker # for this?

Seems different technical support staff for both Comcast and Roku are not aware of this issue, pointing fingers, etc. which has led to a lot of fruistration for the mutual customers involved.....

JimmyO

Johnlox
Channel Surfer

Sorry. I don’t have a bug tracker number. Not sure where I would get one. Thanks for the response. If they (Roku and/or Xfinity)  are working on it, I just want to know is all. If I haven’t heard anything on this matter within the next week, I’m going to switch to the FireTV sticks. It’s business 101 to keep customers informed of such matters so they don’t seek business elsewhere. But maybe Roku and Xfinity skipped that class.