Issue Tracking Board

Status updates, outage reports, fixes, and workarounds. Subscribe to a thread be notified of updates!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Schellbell6678
Reel Rookie

Re: [0S 12.0] Audio out of sync

We use Roku streaming devices on two tvs and have the exact same issue with Xfinity.  After commercial breaks, the audio and video is out of sync.  It is only Xfinity

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Community users,

Thanks for following up about the issue with the sound being out of sync when playing content on the Xfinity Stream channel.

We're sorry for the delay in the solution. The team is hard at work investigating the issue, we still haven't received any feedback as of the moment, but rest assured that we'll send the update once we have it.

We appreciate your patience while we investigate this issue.

Best regards,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
CW63

Re: [0S 12.0] Audio out of sync on Xfinity channel

Also having this issue, seems to occur after commercials on a number of different channels. Happens on Ultra and Streaming Stick 4+. Xfinity support replied to their community indicating Roku engineers were working on solution. Is this the case? Thanks

0 Kudos
PatrikC325

Add me to the growing list besides the numerous threads on the Xfinity support sites where I previously posted and sent an email to xfinity support. We have for now decided to switch to Sling as we just can't put up with the voice lag anymore. Very disappointed. Hopefully one day someone, either you or Xfinity can get this fixed. But for now I will have to miss watching my favorite MLB team.

0 Kudos
SwEngineer
Channel Surfer

This issue continues. Roku customer service indicates this is a problem they have been working on.

it has now been occurring for months and roku customer service is unable to provide an estimate when this issue will be resolved.

I guess the resolution is to buy a fire stick and throw away your roku. If you have a roku tv hopefully you have a spare port for the fire stick.

Sell your roku stock and look to buy puts. Roku is heading down hill fast.

0 Kudos
Chainsaw49
Channel Surfer

I have done troubleshooting on this issue and IMO it appears to be more of a Xfinity Stream issue than a Roku issue. If I watch on my Roku through other apps to stream the exact same channel (Fox Business for example or Peacock for the golf channel) I have no audio sync issues. If I switch back to Xfinity Stream, it usually takes less than thirty minutes to observe the problem, always after a return from commercial break on live programming. Unfortunately, there are certain channels such as the regional sports channels that can only be watched through the Xfinity Stream app. I have ordered a Fire Stick for further testing that arrives today. Interestingly I have three Ultras and the only TV that has the sync issue is one that passes through my Yamaha sound system (all wired). I have a brand-new Stream Bar with a wireless connection that also loses the audio sync. It makes me speculate that the pass-through sound systems are part of the problem.

I suspect that due to the myriad of different setups. home theater systems and TV's with CEC, ARC, etc. it is very difficult to troubleshoot individual issues without the exact same setup.

0 Kudos
lucas_jim
Binge Watcher

I installed a Firestick on one of the televisions on which I had a Roku Ultra configured  a few days ago and the problem is gone - no problem in four days.  If Roku can't fix this problem pretty soon, I will buy Firesticks for the rest of my televisions. This has been going on for months and it's become annoying. 

0 Kudos
KOE

I am also having this problem with the audio syncing from the Roku and Xfiniity (all other streaming apps work fine).  I have had long discussions with Xfinity (up to the Xfinity president's office) and they state that this is a Roku problem.  I have read many posting about this and it states that Roku is working diligently on resolving this issue - for months now.  Why does it really take this long with so many people having this problem.  Xfinity has given a cable box free for 6 months but changing the hookup is a real pain.  And it only covers one TV and we have 4.  

Can Roku please fix this?!!!!!!  Soon.

We are running Roku OS 12.0.0 Build 4184 and Xfinity 6.12 Build 0

0 Kudos
SwEngineer
Channel Surfer

I have 3 roku sticks. I replaced one with a fire stick. The fire stick works fine for me.

I have made several calls and have several open tickets with roku. They are very unresponsive regarding this issue.

My recommendation is to go with a fire stick. At under $50 for the fire stick at Best Buy it’s worth it.

Perhaps some king of class action would motivate roku a bit.

Sad part is I pay xfinity monthly as they claim to operate with roku. I am thinking a class action against both xfinity and roku might make sense. Where are the lawyers when you need one?

Chainsaw49
Channel Surfer

So, I got a new 4k Max Firestick (on a deal day for $34) -after 90 minutes on Fox Business this morning I have had no issues - this usually loses sync in 15-30 minutes on my Roku Ultra. I don't like the interphase as much but can probably get used to it. Again, this only happens on the Xfinity Stream App, so I am convinced there is some compatibility issue based on what commercials play to return to live TV. 

This obviously is a frustrating issue for a lot of people!

0 Kudos