Issue Tracking Board

Status updates, outage reports, fixes, and workarounds. Subscribe to a thread be notified of updates!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wrangler12

Re: Audio continuously losing sync on Roku Streaming Stick and Stick+

After at least 6 months I gave up waiting for a fix from both companies and about 2 weeks ago I tried the fire tv stick 4k and running the Xfinity app.  I have not had any audio issues.  The product owners from both companies just don't seem to care.  If for some reason it is a hardware issue that cannot be fixed by a software update then offer your users some substantial discount on an upgrade once your fix it.  You are going to lose a lot of your long time user base now that others are also switching products to get around this issue.

shel48
Reel Rookie

A big shout out to all those who recommended switching to the Firestick.  I attached one to my TV today and ran the Xfinity Stream app for a good part of the day.   I too can report that (unlike Roku), it worked flawlessly.  No audio out-of-synch issues.    Shame on Roku for not seeming to make this a priority.   I wish I had a quarter for every minute I spent trying to resolve this issue on the Roku.  What a waste of time.

slithery1
Reel Rookie

is there some way to roll back the problem update? the current situation is pretty d@mned unacceptable, and there are other streaming devices out there.

0 Kudos
Laurascully
Channel Surfer

I have had audio issues for close to a year (my oldest device) Though after the March 2023 update the issues increased and affected my two newer Roku devices (ultra stick and Roku TV) as well.  I have replaced my oldest stick with a fire stick and intend on doing the same with my ultra stick.  I will never buy a Roku product again.  The fact that Roku attempted to put the ownness on Xfinity for 6 months is unacceptable. 

0 Kudos
ricbertsch
Reel Rookie

Re: [0S 12.0] Audio out of sync on Xfinity channel

I have had this problem for the last 6 to 9 months and it is getting worse. I can't watch one program on the Xfinity Beta App for more than 15 minutes before it goes out of sync.  I have a Roku Subwoofer and surround sound speakers utilizing an lG OLED Smart TV.. This is extremely frustrating. No problems with the other apps having the audio out of sync.  I am starting to think it has something to do with the Roku speakers since other TVs in the house, using their own internal  speakers do not exhibit this same problem.  So my question is - The audio out of sync caused by the Roku speakers ? or is it Xfinity?

0 Kudos
Laurascully
Channel Surfer

• If you look in this thread you will see that Roku has finally owned the issue.  This is not an Xfinity issue.  Roku advised they will not have a fix for several months.  Switch to the Amazon fire stick if you don't want to wait it out with Roku.
0 Kudos
ricbertsch
Reel Rookie

Thanks!

0 Kudos
bobbyl
Reel Rookie

Several months for a fix seems very unreasonable.  Hopefully Roku does not want to set expectations for a quick fix and then not deliver.  It is hard to understand why Roku cannot put out a roll-back release until a fix is found.  This would at least mitigate the torture that users are being put through.  Roku...can you reply as to why a roll-back release can or cannot be done?

0 Kudos
Chainsaw49
Channel Surfer

Re: [0S 12.0] Audio out of sync

I agree with this post -  after experiencing this issue regularly for some time now, I saw this post and it does appear that it is when comcast does one of their own commercials this happens. I generally watch the news shows in the mornings so there are  a lot of commercials  -  to test this out I have now switched to the news app to watch  rather than through xfinity streaming to see if the sync issue still occurs.

0 Kudos
Chainsaw49
Channel Surfer

Re: [0S 12.0] Audio out of sync

To update -  been watching through the news app for an hour now with no issues. Note that the Comcast commercials do not air - in their place is a notice that we are on a commercial break. In my opinion this seems to verify that this is an xfinity issue and not a Roku issue.

0 Kudos