Issue Tracking Board

Status updates, outage reports, fixes, and workarounds. Subscribe to a thread be notified of updates!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jnels
Reel Rookie

Re: Audio continuously losing sync on Roku Streaming Stick and Stick+

This issue has been around for a LONG time, maybe it’s time for a new “team”.

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hi Community users,

Thanks for your patience while we continue to work with the channel partner to investigate the issue you are experiencing with audio sync on the Xfinity channel.

If you have not already, can you please clarify if you are experiencing this issue with live streaming content or with VOD (video on demand) content.

Once we have this information, we will make sure to pass it along to the appropriate team to be looked at further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jfowler53

Re: [0S 12.0] Audio out of sync on Xfinity channel

I am also having the same problem with the xfinity streaming app. Nothing stays synced for more than 15 minutes. I made xfinity aware of the problem 3 weeks ago and they can’t fix it. What are we supposed to do? Apparently we need to either get rid of the xfinity streaming app or the roku platform. This is just crazy, the problem started about 6 weeks ago and all the tech brain power can’t fix it?

0 Kudos
jfowler53

My syncing issue is in streaming live content only. Am also experiencing audio drops of a few seconds and video freezing and going like In fast forward to catch up. Xfinity is aware of all these problems and can’t fix it.

jfowler53

What was the date of the mentioned Roku update? My problems started in April of 2023.

0 Kudos
gk802
Roku Guru

For me, the problem began with the update from OS-11.5 to OS-12.  Different models and devices update at different times.  Mine updated between early and mid-May, and the problem on each device began on the date it updated.  Unfortunately, the last time there was an audio issue with an app that began with an OS update, it was the next OS update 6 months later before it was addressed.  

0 Kudos
adpwl1
Binge Watcher

Re: Audio continuously losing sync on Roku and Xfinity Stream app

It was a horrible nite last nite (6/1) for Roku, Xfinity Stream, and the ID Channel.  Almost every commercial break between 9-11p EST had a sync issue occur.  I captured these.  I think Ill send up captures every day until its fixed.

IMG_1558.JPEGIMG_1559.JPEGIMG_1560.JPEG

0 Kudos
RkuUser62
Reel Rookie

I have only experienced this issue with live streaming content.  I don't watch as much VOD on Xfinity but when I have it has worked fine. 

0 Kudos

Exact same problem.  It seems that sound on Xfinity app is getting off during commercial breaks.   Every time the program comes back on after commercials, sound and video are out of sync.  It's temporarily fixed by backing out of Xfinity, and then relaunching, but only until the next commercial break (at least it seems).

0 Kudos
adpwl1
Binge Watcher

It’s not even 6:30p on Friday and the last two commercial breaks on E! watching Modern Family.   Gonna be a loooooong nite.  Roku is there a status other than “we r researching”

Can we get the CEO and Board Members to use a Roku and Xfinity Stream for a month?IMG_1565.jpegIMG_1566.jpeg

0 Kudos